Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eircom phone socket wiring...help

Options
  • 23-10-2007 3:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭

hi,

when wiring the incoming line, you have L1(4) and L2(3) and i have 2 lines one blue and one orange. the phone jack has 6 lines is it left to right 1-6 or 6-1 in numbering? as the jack has a green and orange lines so im trying to match up the lines. cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

john, you only need two cables for this to work.

They are usually the inside pair, but you can test them by plugging in a phone and dropping off cables until you loose the signal etc, ttial and error,. will take you about 3 mins

• Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

thanks for the reply, i was trying to figure out if the line was dead becuase it was working up until yesterday and i disconnected the two wires but couldnt remember if the orange or blue went to 4 or 3 (so tried both anyway). i ran Eircom and they confirmed it was a line fault , not sure how they confirm it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,165 ✭✭✭10-10-20

AFIK, they do nightly testing on all lines.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Normally its the blues. If you measure the voltage across the pair it should be around 50v DC

Advertisement