Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Many Beers Meet up - Choose a date in November

• 23-10-2007 4:13pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭

All the other forums seem to be having beer meet ups

are we actually going to get our finger out and organise one or is it just far to much effort?

When should the inaugural BG+RH mini-Beers occur? 18 votes

Friday 16th November
    0%
    Friday 23rd November
    50%
    Tom DunnefeylyaZaph_blank_The BolloxJohn MasonSligoBrewerSlow MotionMaple 9 votes
    Friday 30th November
    11%
    Nevynadmiralofthefleet 2 votes
    Another Day/Date
    38%
    laykedr strangeloveDublinWriterJesus WeptGaladrielrobotmanmoco 7 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Friday 23rd November
    But..... we already have a bar.....and beer.......and we meet up.:confused:

Real World Beer(tm) is preferable to the variety we server in Yore Ma's, so I am up for it.

Have your people call my people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Slow Motion

Friday 23rd November
    It's date dependant for moi ! I won't be in the country for the upcoming big one !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭Galadriel

Another Day/Date
    Pub? beer? just say when and where

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

Friday 23rd November
    well, can we pick a date, and then someone can organise it ;)

Friday 23rd November
    Right, given the time of year, with Christmas parties soon approaching, I assume it would suit better to have it in November? What say you?

Also, would I be correct in saying a Friday night, city center would suit most people (by city, I mean of course, Dublin city, with apologies for those, erm, not near Dublin. You know who you are, Brother Hagar)?

• Advertisement

Friday 23rd November
    tom dunne wrote: »
    Right, given the time of year, with Christmas parties soon approaching, I assume it would suit better to have it in November? What say you?

Also, would I be correct in saying a Friday night, city center would suit most people (by city, I mean of course, Dublin city, with apologies for those, erm, not near Dublin. You know who you are, Brother Hagar)?

Early evening would get my vote as I work in the city centre and if it was too late I would be pissed by the time ye all got here, what about Friday 16th ? Will be out of the country the previous weekend :D

Friday 23rd November
    *checks calendar*

16th of November is good for me. I'll be back working in the city center by then in my new job.

Friday 23rd November
    IB stick a poll on this thing to see what date suits the most.

Edit: and maybe a temporary sticky Tom

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 26dublin

Im up for it its my bday the 13th so ill hold off!

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,343 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Friday 23rd November
    I'm off that week (going to Madrid, WooHoo!), but I'll be back in time and have no current plans for the rest of the week so I'm a definite maybe.

• Advertisement

I'd go if it was held in Cork. I am far to lazy to go up to Dublin for a pints.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Another Day/Date
    irishbird wrote: »
    All the other forums seem to be having beer meet ups

are we actually going to get our finger out and organise one or is it just far to much effort?

Thought we agreed long ago we were all goin to yore gaff. So get the sausage rolls in woman!!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,109 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I'm out for obvious reasons. :(

Another Day/Date

make de journey! you can kip at mine. :p

Friday 23rd November
    IB stick a poll on this thing to see what date suits the most.

i dont know if there is a need for a poll, is there slo, the only date suggested is the 16th november and everyone seems happy with this.......

we might need some suggestions for the venue though, i was thinking maybe o'neills on pearse street or the porterhouse on nassau street?

or any other suggestions?

Friday 23rd November
    we might need some suggestions for the venue though, i was thinking maybe o'neills on pearse street or the porterhouse on nassau street?

Where exactly is O'Neills on Pease Street? My new job is on Pearse Street, so that sounds like a plan. :)

Though, I am of course willing to travel.

Friday 23rd November
    i dont know if there is a need for a poll, is there slo, the only date suggested is the 16th november and everyone seems happy with this.......

or any other suggestions?

Long stone ? For two reasons, there is an upstairs section that I think can be reserved, and I can get there from work in less than a minute :D, although O'Neills and the Porterhouse work as well.

Friday 23rd November
    Where exactly is O'Neills on Pease Street? My new job is on Pearse Street, so that sounds like a plan. :)

its the pub, with the millions of flowers hanging outside just before the trinity hotel.

but i think Slow's idea of the long stone is great

Friday 23rd November
    Long stone ? For two reasons, there is an upstairs section that I think can be reserved, and I can get there from work in less than a minute :D, although O'Neills and the Porterhouse work as well.

Ok, I'm embarrassed to ask again, where's the Long Stone? :o

I doubt there would be enough people to warrant us reserving a section, would there?

Friday 23rd November
    Ok, I'm embarrassed to ask again, where's the Long Stone? :o

I doubt there would be enough people to warrant us reserving a section, would there?

It's quite a small section, I don't know the name of the street, but it's parrallell to pearse st, the little one beside the garda station

http://www.thelongstone.com/

Townsend Street, gotta love google

• Advertisement

Friday 23rd November
    Tom, Do you know the screen cinema?

its down the little side road beside that

*** again, slow by name but not nature got in there before me !

Friday 23rd November

Doh!

Yeah, got it. And they do platters! A personal favourite on a Friday night after work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Damn. I have a christening on Saturday 17th. Getting from Dublin to Donegal in time with a slight hangover could be a problem.

So, I'm out. :(

Friday 23rd November
    smashey wrote: »
    Damn. I have a christening on Saturday 17th. Getting from Dublin to Donegal in time with a slight hangover could be a problem.

smashey, i am ashamed of you letting a little thing like travel get in the way of a session tut tut

Friday 23rd November

Well, I'm personally very flexible with dates, so it could be another weekend.

Methinks a poll is in order.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Friday 23rd November
    Ah, the longstone. A favourite of the Beering Boardsies. I may pop in for a beverage and a platter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

I'll be there in spirit Brother Tom. I hate reading these threads, they only depress me.:o

Friday 23rd November
    Well, I'm personally very flexible with dates, so it could be another weekend.

Methinks a poll is in order.

okay,how do i add a poll thing to this, after the fact:confused:

Friday 23rd November
    Hagar wrote: »
    I'll be there in spirit Brother Tom. I hate reading these threads, they only depress me.:o

Don't worry Brother Hagar, I am sure we can arrange a mini-mini-Beers down your way some time in the future. ;)

• Advertisement

Friday 23rd November
    okay,how do i add a poll thing to this, after the fact:confused:

Sorted. ;)

Let me know if you want anything changed.

Friday 23rd November
    Sorted. ;)

Let me know if you want anything changed.

thank you, kind sir

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 16,186 ✭✭✭✭Maple

Friday 23rd November
    16th is grand for me, have work do night before so i'll be a bit ropey but can pop in on way home from work. Work in IFSC so town is handy.

Friday 23rd November
    Another IFSC head here, we can compare horror stories maple. :)

O'Neill's gets my vote, used to be my Christmas Eve haunt for many years. A lot of drunken nights have been spent in that pub.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

Friday 30th November
    would be well up for this, unfortunitely i cant go this sat but would definitely make it to this one.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

I Like Beer!

• Advertisement

Friday 23rd November
    You're in the right place then

• Subscribers Posts: 16,602 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

It's quite a small section, I don't know the name of the street, but it's parrallell to pearse st, the little one beside the garda station

http://www.thelongstone.com/

just a word on the upstairs in the long stone, they will let you reserve the area but often don't open the upstairs bar until 9. so you have a nice area upstairs but no bar :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

I'm definitely on for this. Would be pretty cool to meet the brethren that has developed here over the past few months for real. We could even switch to strike team mode after the pub and leave a trail of destruction behind us!! Anybody wanna offer Uncle DJ a place to blackout?? :D

Friday 23rd November
    DarkJager wrote: »
    I'm definitely on for this. Would be pretty cool to meet the brethren that has developed here over the past few months for real. We could even switch to strike team mode after the pub and leave a trail of destruction behind us!! Anybody wanna offer Uncle DJ a place to blackout?? :D

i have a sofa but there must be no vomiting under any circumstances:rolleyes:

Only metrosexuals or bitch men throw up after drinkin IB!!! ;) Is the sofa leather or is it one of those 1970's crackhouse style couches?? :D lol

• Advertisement

Friday 23rd November
    DarkJager wrote: »
    Only metrosexuals or bitch men throw up after drinkin IB!!! ;) Is the sofa leather or is it one of those 1970's crackhouse style couches?? :D lol

its a 7 seater, mirco fibre thing, really comfy

To phrase a limerick term...that sounds fcukin daycent kid!!!! Ha ha. Ah I'll probably end up in some crusty B&B, stumbling in to the owners bedroom at 4.30 in the morning and pissing in the wardrobe!!! Not that I'd do that in your house IB ;):D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

Friday 23rd November

mini beers in shunny shligo?;)

lol

Another Day/Date
    its a 7 seater, mirco fibre thing, really comfy

7 seater or 1 Brother, curled up.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,602 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

The-Rigger wrote: »
    7 seater or 1 Brother, curled up.

I had a good session on Saturday, it turned into a seven seater on Sunday.

And that was just the morning toilet sessions, there were a few sittings in the afternoon also..:(

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 16,186 ✭✭✭✭Maple

Friday 23rd November
    zaph wrote: »
    Another IFSC head here, we can compare horror stories maple. :)

O'Neill's gets my vote, used to be my Christmas Eve haunt for many years. A lot of drunken nights have been spent in that pub.

Fund administration ROCKS! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭moco

Another Day/Date
    Can I come to the beers?:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

moco wrote: »
    Can I come to the beers?:)
    Present your credentials and the brothers will make a decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭moco

Another Day/Date
    Present your credentials and the brothers will make a decision.

:o What sort of credentials?

• Advertisement
Advertisement