Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ticket wanted for Halloween Ball - Duke Special

• 23-10-2007 4:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 86 ✭✭

Hey Guys and Gals,

Just missed out on getting a ticket for Duke Special at this years Halloween Ball, my own fault, I should know by now that things like this sell out pretty quick in the "nooth"!!. If anyone's got a spare ticket I'd really appreciate it if you could PM me.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Just hide in the jacks of the SU :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭mp3guy

Just hide in the jacks of the SU :D

Heard about them knocking in on cubicles before

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭eamoss

FFS ppl the SU is crap.

Dont know why ppl love it so much.

Roost, L.A, Bradys or Fizz are much better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Now eamoss we all know the LA is muck, so lets take that back!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

So is bradys. I swear i have never heard worse music anywhere.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭FunkyChicken

SU is crap but Duke Special is playing. The LA? You're joking

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

Duke Special PWNS! Work gave me the day off ^_^ I'll be the blonde dressed sorta like Minnie Mouse. Hooray!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

The LA is like one of those British pubs in Amsterdam. One look thru the window and you'll never want to enter. SU has it's charms. I'm in DCU now and their venue and bar is 100 times worse. And the pints downstairs in Bradys are special

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,303 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Upstairs in the LA is good for two reasons:

1) due to paying a fiver at the door, you'll find that drinks are a lot cheaper

2) it's less packed

It's bad for one reason:

1) it's less packed as it's full of scobies dressed in white top to toe, wearing caps at a 45 degree angle, and they seem to like the sh|te music*

*all pubs and nightclubs in Maynooth play sh|te music.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 848 ✭✭✭MayMay

What's the story with the new proposed pub on the main street where the newsagents was? This has been doing the rounds for ages but is there actually a pub going up there??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

there wasn't a newsagents there before, i don't think. it was a butchers for years, and then a workwear shop for the last year/2.

anyway, yeah, definitely a pub going in there. not sure if it's just a lounge, or if there'll be a dancefloor as well, but it'll be a similar vibe to upstairs in bradys.
    which is good seeing as bradys upstairs is absolute ****e when it's too busy.

Advertisement