Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

o2 Wiz + Meteor MMS

• 23-10-2007 4:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭

Hi guys.

I know there is a thread that answers the server questions etc for the providers and the phones..... the prob I have is that Im using an O2 phone with a Meteor Sim card... I dont know if the settings will work if I get them but I have flashed the phone and have the spaces where to add in the details so If anyone could help me would be apreciated.
    Some of the settings may have different names so thats where my main issue is

Server Name : <<gues this can be whatever I want>>
    Gateway: <<not sure here>>
    Port Number : <<not sure here>>
    Server Address : http://...............
    Connect VIA: here I have a drop down option of
    My ISP
    WORK
    SECURE WAP NETWORK
    THE WAP NETWORK
    THE INTERNET

Sending size Limit: 250K
    Wap Version: 1.2 or 2.0

Has anyone ever got the O2 Xda Mini S working on a different network, any help would be apreciated.

Thank you in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

I have successfully got my O2 XDA Atom working with Meteor to test out EDGE.

All I did was enter the Meteor settings that are in the sticky in this forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Rattlehead_ie

Tom, any chance u can be more specific what settings went where.
    Its just im not 100% sure on where there all supposed to go.

Or anyone else fancy a go of the settings, I got it alright to attempt to conect but wont make the connection

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Server Name : <<gues this can be whatever I want>>
    Gateway: <<not sure here>>
    Port Number : <<not sure here>>
    Server Address : http://...............
    Connect VIA: here I have a drop down option of
    My ISP
    WORK
    SECURE WAP NETWORK
    THE WAP NETWORK
    THE INTERNET

Sending size Limit: 250K
    Wap Version: 1.2 or 2.0

Has anyone ever got the O2 Xda Mini S working on a different network, any help would be apreciated.

Thank you in advance

for "connect via", you'll find that there is another place on the phone where you can edit MY ISP, WORK etc (or you might be able to edit them from that menu), and add a new one called meteor mms with the following details:

Meteor MMS
    connection name:Meteor MMS
    data bearer: packet data
    APN (access point name): mms.mymeteor.ie <-- i believe is gateway. i'd put it in as server name too
    username:my
    prompt password:no
    password:mms
    authentication:normal
    homepage:http://mms.mymeteor.ie <---server address
    network type:IPv4
    phone IP address:automatic
    name servers (DNS): automatic
    proxy address:010.085.085.085
    proxy port:8799 <---port number

if there are any more options that you don't understand post back here :)

Nope still didnt work, it goes to sending alright and then
    Connecting to GPRS then after that I dont get any error etc. Just craps out on me, giving no error except the pic is still in my outbox

Nope still didnt work, it goes to sending alright and then
    Connecting to GPRS then after that I dont get any error etc. Just craps out on me, giving no error except the pic is still in my outbox

have you found a place to enter all of the above information? phones all call them different things (e.g. PS data instead of packet data on an SE) but every phone i've ever seen has needed all of it.

did you create a new profile called meteor mms in the "connect via" menu? what info did it ask you for?

• Advertisement

here are two better ideas:

text settings to 50047. it should text you back with the wap and mms settings for your phone

if that doesn't work:
    log into the meteor site. if you don't know your pin, call them and ask for it. then login to the site and go to "download meteor settings". select o2 xda mini s from the list and they'll be sent out to your phone. save them and activate them and bob's your uncle

The phone has no settings on it when u click the download there are no settings inside thats the bad thing

The phone has no settings on it when u click the download there are no settings inside thats the bad thing

ah yes i see now that the site doesn't work. what happened when you texted settings to 50047

Service currently not available.
    Im trying to work backward with these settings and thread but still not working
    Vodafone Version

editted from that thread:

Create a new connection with the following settings:
    Name for Connection: meteor mms
    Modem: Cellular Line (GPRS, 3G)
    Access Point Name: mms.mymeteor.ie
    username: my
    password: mms

in Messaging go to Tools->options->MMS->Servers-New

Server Name : meteor Mms
    Gateway : 010.085.085.085
    Port Number : 8799
    server address: http://mms.mymeteor.ie
    Connect Via: select connection setup above
    Wap Version: 2.0

if you try that and it doesn't work, try your sim in a different phone that's definitely set up right and try the sim from that phone in yours. you might just not be provisioned for it at meteor's end or you might need a new sim

if yours doesn't work in his then either you need a new sim or you're not provisioned in which case call meteor.

if yours works in his and his works in yours then you need a new sim

if yours works in his and his doesn't work in yours then its probably not set up right. its still possible but unlikely that his sim doesn't work properly either. sims are finnicky things and don't work in some newer phones. if that happens try a replacement sim and at that point post back.

are those definitely all the options on the phone? after setting it up are you setting it as the default profile?

that's odd about 50047. i just tried it there and it worked

• Advertisement

Well here we go
    It works in my other Meteor phone, but with the Xda it still goes connecting, downloading MMS from <sender> and I get a message, but no pic nothign like that. The message isnt not displaying if you know what I mean as message is only 1kb while the pic is something like 125k if it was being attached or downloaded prob the message size would be bigger :(

This just isnt working. Ill ring Meteor tomorrow and make sur eeverythign is set up right but I dont think this is gona work. Commander Vimesdo you have same or similar phone?

when you say it works, can you both send and receive mms in the other phone?

it'll definitely work, we just need to find where the problem is. if you can send and receive in the other phone then its not a provisioning problem. that narrows it down to sim or settings. i get the feeling that you're doing something small wrong and you don't realise it. post up exactly what you're doing to enter the settings. if i think you're doing it all right, then its time for a replacement sim. they're free.

if that doesn't work, pop into a phone shop and see if they'll take a look at the settings for you. most phone shop employees won't have a clue and i stopped working in a phone shop a while ago but you might get lucky :)

Advertisement