Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

lexlip hobby

Options
  • 23-10-2007 4:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭

does any one know if the hobby and gun shop in lexlip is reopened yet and if so where his new location is?

i asked a while ago and was told he was opening soon but i can find it or anyone who knows where they are.....

cheers

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

I asked them last week and they said about a month but then again I asked them back in may or june and they said the same thing...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭peter-pantslez

cheers do you know where he is opening so i can keep an eye out?

Further towards Celbridge but I dont know exactly where. Best to ring them direct.

have you got the number if so could you pm it to me?

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭E. Fudd

AFAIK they're moving to a new premises located on the road linking Celbridge to Leixlip just off the Dublin Road at Weston. Just down towards Hewlett Packard. It's behind a residential premises.

• Advertisement

cheers pampers if you hear of when they are open will you post it?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

WTF, there's a gun shop in Leixlip? Where was it previously?

it was beside the euro spar!

You know the spar Shop on the way from Leixlip to the Dublin road at Celbrige, heading for Barnhall RFC and Hewlett Packard? It was just on the right hand side after the spar, in behind a bungalow. The house was recently sold and at the moment there seems to be a good bit of demolition work being done to it.

Fecking hell, that's a five minute walk from my house.

• Advertisement

Can you get me 500 Lapua master* and some CLP next time your home?

I jest - but if they do sell Breakfree CLP I would like to get some

Ibid wrote: »
    Fecking hell, that's a five minute walk from my house.

Why so shocked theres gun shops all over the place.

Because there's one five minutes away and I didn't know about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

It's not that big a deal Ibid.

Thye used to have a sign out on the road there. They sell fishing gear and some RC models as well.

Are you worried about having a firearms dealer within 5 mins of you or annoyed that you used to go futher to get your gear?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,355 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Theres another one in Lucan, thats maybe ten minutes from your house.

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭alan123

Sparks wrote: »

Yes it is. We should all have an amo shop five minutes up the road!!!!

What about the city centre, wheres good for ammo? Im looking for CCI for .22lr? Rorys only had Lupua.

Rew wrote: »
    Are you worried about having a firearms dealer within 5 mins of you or annoyed that you used to go futher to get your gear?

I'm not worried in the least, just very surprised I didn't know about it. Not in the "ZOMG GUNS!" way, but in the "There's a gallery in my town?!" way.

Ibid's a lefty...
    Zaraba runs away and gets ready for the fireworks!

Proper post:
    Ibid, its not a gun store like in the US, most places that deal in firearms here are outdoor pursuit style shops and don't have neon flashing GUN signs.
    There is a pub in Wexford that also has a gun / minor fishing store attached to it!

Yes, I'm a lefty :rolleyes:. A different poster in this thread previously called me a "capitalist pig-dog", I think it was.

I'm aware of what gun shops are generally like. I'm familiar with the one in Lucan. For the record, ye're all fairly trigger-happy with the assumption that I'm shocked to find this out due to moral outrage. I'm fairly knowledgeable about the town and was surprised that something was so close to where I grew up and I had no knowledge of it. It's inconsequential to me that it sells guns.

• Advertisement

Sparks wrote: »

In fairness, if I had just found out that there was a gun shop 5 minutes away from me I'd be fairly excited.
    I think that comment was a bit uncalled for Sparks, after all, this thread is one of the less "serious" threads on this forum at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 BoB the 7th

Ibid's a lefty...
    Zaraba runs away and gets ready for the fireworks!

Proper post:
    Ibid, its not a gun store like in the US, most places that deal in firearms here are outdoor pursuit style shops and don't have neon flashing GUN signs.
    There is a pub in Wexford that also has a gun / minor fishing store attached to it!
    lol theres a pub in coolock to...

Ibid wrote: »
    Yes, I'm a lefty :rolleyes:. A different poster in this thread previously called me a "capitalist pig-dog", I think it was.

I'm aware of what gun shops are generally like. I'm familiar with the one in Lucan. For the record, ye're all fairly trigger-happy with the assumption that I'm shocked to find this out due to moral outrage. I'm fairly knowledgeable about the town and was surprised that something was so close to where I grew up and I had no knowledge of it. It's inconsequential to me that it sells guns.

Ahh its just the way you said it, you seemed deeply shocked and disturbed. I was gonna say I dont live too far from you which would really shock and distrub you if a gun shop did!! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Mufflets

Originally Posted by Sparks View Post

by REW
    Ahh its just the way you said it, you seemed deeply shocked and disturbed. I was gonna say I dont live too far from you which would really shock and distrub you if a gun shop did!! :P

Ye lads must very bored or be stuck for something to comment on

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

No more than you :p

• Registered Users Posts: 39,355 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

thread over, last word in

Mufflets wrote: »
    Originally Posted by Sparks View Post

by REW

Ye lads must very bored or be stuck for something to comment on

Just being social :)

Seems that way doesn't it. Must pm that number to you mellor!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Mufflets

I was actually pointing out that that you both (intentionally or not) injected a tone of negativity into the thread for no reason.
    Just let it go.

• Advertisement

It seems to me that all some people on this forum want to do is argue! This was a nice simple post lads, completely harmless, but because it wasn't discussing the current "turmoil" in the shooting fraternity, two mods decided to pull th p**s out of it.
    Next time someone posts a harmless post, ie, not discussing the legalities and problems in the shooting scene, why don't either of you just lock it immediately, it'll save you the hassle of having to type smart, sarcastic comments!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement