Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

lexlip hobby

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

There was nothing smart and/or sarcastic said it was all friendly, bare in mind its difficult to access tone when your reading text. He could very well have ment it in the way it was taken by most people hence the clarifactions sought, which were the spirit of educating someone who seemd to know little about gun shops.. Your post is the only antagonistic one in the thread, maybe you should take some of your own advice to heart... ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Mufflets

Of course your right.

did you get the tone of that

Mufflets wrote: »
    Of course your right.

LOL, yup, id refer back to my previous post but seems to be pointless.

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭E. Fudd

Funny that, I never mentioned antagonistic! In my humble opinion there is a difference between antagonistic and sarcastic..... but then again, you know best!

No but you did mention "argue" and suggested that sparks and my self were antagonistic in this thread.

• Advertisement

As I said....... you know best Rew.

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭sidneyreilly

pampers wrote: »

Now..now children:)

Great repsonse there really hammering the point home, I concede to your legendary skills of dabate and give in.

To quote someone else

Rew wrote: »
    Great repsonse there really hammering the point home, I give in.

To quote someone else

I said children means you too Rew:D

Rew wrote: »
    Great repsonse there really hammering the point home, I give in.

Where you being sarcastic or antagonistic there? or both??

• Advertisement

Where you being sarcastic or antagonistic there? or both??

Oh for f*74ks sake! I give up...

Ah Syd, I was enjoying that!
    Nothing like a good ol' light hearted argument!!!

TBH Rew, I wasn't really that upset, but it just ended up spiralling into this, my apologies!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

Ah lads shut up and just get on would ye? :). Let's not go to war.

I think some people (including you, Rew) had a tone of "Oh here's another Joe Duffy listener shocked at guns" in their posts that they may not have been aware of. That's fair enough, ye have to deal with a load of that crap I'm sure. So I acknowledged that you were probably unaware of the way it came across and let you know, in a non-confrontational manner, that you might be jumping the gun (sorry, the puns must be had!) and potentially scaring some people off.

Another comment, one that has been already cited, was noticeably dismissive/confrontational but said by a poster who I have come to judge as more than a bit of an idiotic prick both online and in real-life, was suitably ignored. Members of the community less familiar with how to deal with such posts may not have reacted as such and never returned again.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭MortgageMan

Ibid what are you talking about and who are you refering to?

This forum is for shooters to discuss their sport, not for guys to take cheap shots at each other.

School finished a number of years ago:mad:

This is done and dusted, its a misunderstanding thats spiraling into the abyss.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement