Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

So I got my XBox back from reapair

• 23-10-2007 5:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭

And I got a freaking PAL one back - I gave them an NTSC-J one. :mad:

M$ twats

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,008 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Mayshine wrote: »
    And I got a freaking PAL one back - I gave them an NTSC-J one. :mad:

M$ twats

Not really their fault. How do you expect them to have an NTSC XBox in a country that has Pal as it's TV system. I would have expected this had I been you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Mayshine

Because before I sent it to the I explicitly asked them in the event of them needing to replace the console would I get an NTSC-J back.

The idiot in support said yes I would - In hindsight I'm not sure how bright he was...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,008 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Mayshine wrote: »
    Because before I sent it to the I explicitly asked them in the event of them needing to replace the console would I get an NTSC-J back.

The idiot in support said yes I would - In hindsight I'm not sure how bright he was...

I don't mean to be tough on you but you should really have expected this. I'm not surprised that you got a Pal unit back. OK it's crappy that the support guy said you would get an NTSC unit but you can rarely rely on those guys for good advice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Mayshine

Well it was that or ship it to Singapore at my own expense. It was not a hard decision either way

However I suspected they would do this, thats why I asked the question and repeated it again.

However I'm not going to be held repsonsible for some idiot on customer support though talking through their arse, so I will get an NTSC one off them - It will just talk some more phone calls and pain for the person on support :D

And at least I can play my region free games. I'm just missing my Forza sessions. PGR4 will just have to compensate me for now

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭mickoneill30

Yeah. Just ask them to swap your old one back. It's no use to them and I'm sure they'll be happy to get rid of it.
    Good luck getting an NTSC one in Ireland though. What do you expect them to do. Ship one in especially for you. Most companies would have told you to return it where you bought it. You buy it cheap abroad but that's the risk you take.
    Or why not sell this PAL one and then buy a new NTSC one. That should make you a profit.

• Advertisement
Advertisement