Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Omnitel and the CR3+ router HELP!

Options
  • 23-10-2007 6:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

Hi folks,
    I have pretty much tried everything with this bloody omnitel router (EZ3+ HighPower Client - Router (CR3+)) to sort out bit torrent and xbox live.
    Has anybody had any luck in getting a decent torrent connection, i can upload at about 220kb/sec and download at about 20-30kb, all downloads are red icon, and xbox always says strict or moderate NAT depending on what mood its in, severely limiting what i can play.
    I have tried opening up all the relevant ports in the Port Forwarding Section and turning on upnp etc.... nothing seems to have any effect.........the technical support were no help last time I tried and there seems to be nothing on any google searches or portforward.com on this piece of hardware...
    Thanks for your time

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭bushy...

Can you bring the router back ? they used to do a sortof outdoor one too, not any good either, same sort of problems

• Registered Users Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭bigpaddy2004

Hi folks,
    I have pretty much tried everything with this bloody omnitel router (EZ3+ HighPower Client - Router (CR3+)) to sort out bit torrent and xbox live.
    Has anybody had any luck in getting a decent torrent connection, i can upload at about 220kb/sec and download at about 20-30kb, all downloads are red icon, and xbox always says strict or moderate NAT depending on what mood its in, severely limiting what i can play.
    I have tried opening up all the relevant ports in the Port Forwarding Section and turning on upnp etc.... nothing seems to have any effect.........the technical support were no help last time I tried and there seems to be nothing on any google searches or portforward.com on this piece of hardware...
    Thanks for your time

That router you are using is a cheap piece of crap. We used a lot of them before in the past. There life span was about 3 months. Once the cold weather came in...its guaranteed to die. They were riddled with all sorts of problems. I would'nt touch them with a 10ft barge pole.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 White Widow

cheers for the replies anyway lads, feck it anyway, i wonder if i can replace it with something better myself, get the girlfriend up on the roof ;)
    i actually managed finally to get the xbox to say open, but it doesn't seem much better and torrents are still crap, ahhh well
    i'll look into replacing it when i can afford it :(

Is it not up to your ISP to do change it or do you own the cpe unit?

Or you could try upgrading the firmware on the router

http://www.e-zy.net/news/firmware1360718/

• Advertisement
Advertisement