Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diginet and Thunderbird.

Options
  • 23-10-2007 7:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭

I'm trying to setup my digiweb email account email with Thunderbird. I've set it up the same way i had it set-up with Windows Mail, but whenever i try to send or receive email, i get an "authorization failed" failed message and then it asked me for my password. Keeps asking me this every time, even after I've entered the password correctly. Any ideas. Thanks!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Are you on Digiweb networK? you have to use the SMTP (outgoing server) of the network you are on. (like smtp.o2.ie if you are using O2 Mobile)

Did you put eldude@diginet.ie as username? Other POP servers you only put eldude
    webmail.digiweb.ie is used for different domains so you must add the @diginet.ie to your user name.

Outgoing is smtp.digiweb.ie
    tick the [_] use user name and password box
    put username@domain for user name
    i.e. eldude@diginet.ie

The 1st time you connect to fetch or send mail tick [_] remember password
    It might ask for sending and receive.

I use Diginet and Thunderbird and it's fine.

Advertisement