Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Drink drive limit may be as low as 20mg

• 23-10-2007 7:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭

The limit could be reduced to 1/4 of the current limit when a new road safety strategy is unveiled this week
    Sources have told the Echo there is a strong likelihood Bertie Ahern will announce a reduction in the limit on Thursday.
    He had been expected to announce a reduction to 50mg but a senior road safety expert told the Echo today that a 20mg limit is now being considered. In practice such a limit would mean could not have any alcohol in their system before sitting into a car.
    Other measures thought to be included in the plan include the replacement of the provisional license with a new learner permit with zero alcohol limit for learners and restriction to one litre cars

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

bogman wrote: »
    Other measures thought to be included in the plan include the replacement of the provisional license with a new learner permit with zero alcohol limit for learners and restriction to one litre cars

This is a handy list of the limits in other European countries
    http://www.digitalbreathcheck.co.uk/legal_limits.html

New learner permit is a good idea.
    I don't understand why learner drivers have a lower alcohol limit than licenced drivers. It should be the same for all.

Most people learn to drive on their parents cars. Are the parents supposed to buy a 1litre car especially for them?

Btw, why is this in motorbikes?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭bogman

micmclo wrote: »

Btw, why is this in motorbikes?
    I just quoted from the paper, the 20mg limit will apply to all unless there is an exemption to bikers:)
    But I guess u refer to the 1 litre comment which was an add on to the restriction on the learner permit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

I should hope it refers to cars.
    Learner bikers using 1000cc motorcycles? :eek:
    Not saying people are incapable of controlling this but it'd very dangerous

I welcome the 20mg limt do you realy think the Publican party will bring this in?
    I can hear the rural publicans complaining already and they scuppered the cafe bar idea which was a good idea imo.
    Maybe this will be introduced but it won't be easy.

Advertisement