Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Fixed camera End of Toll (Reflective Strip)

Options
  • 23-10-2007 7:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭

Just noticed today that they put reflective stripes on the back of the fixed camera at the end of the toll bridge (south-bound).

I know in the UK there was a law brought about visibility in relation to this

ARe the government actually making the cameras visible or are the workers havin' a laugh???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,992 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

at the end of the toll bridge (south-bound)
    Eastlink, Westlink?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

My Bad: M50 west link the one before the turn to the N4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 556 ✭✭✭OTK

ARe the government actually making the cameras visible or are the workers havin' a laugh???
    There's already a road sign warning of the camera and stripes on the road so it's hardly a hidden camera. Policy for the future outsourced cameras is that some will be hidden and mobile.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

isnt that just the camera for scanning your reg and not checking if your speeding?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

Nope its a GATSO for measuring speed. I know there are signs coming up to it but the camera it self has a luminous stripped border on the unit itself, which makes it stand out more now, a more reponsible attitude from the government istead of shooting fish in a barrell??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

vtec wrote: »
    isnt that just the camera for scanning your reg and not checking if your speeding?
    Each lane has it's own dedicated camera for that purpose.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭fletch

Yeh the camera just after the Tallaght exit Northbound also got the reflective treatment too....about time really!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

They strips were most likely just put on to ensure a construction
    vehicle working on the roadworks doesn't hit it. I doubt the powers that be
    would like anything to interrupt their revenue generation machines.

Advertisement