Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who's your favourite Irish male comedian?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭prospect

Neil Delamere
    dylan moran is the funniest, i agree that des bishop isnt funny, its one joke spred out to an hour and a half! definatley see dylan moran!

i have to disagree with you on maxwell tho, i have seen him 4 times now and live, he is a legend!he is heavily censored on rte tho!

Okay, I'll agree to to give Moran a chance, however Maxwell is a non-runner for me.

Fair?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

You should definitely check Dylan Moran out. Took me a while to warm to but he's genuinely funny and clever.

Also, no Sean Hughes or Dave Allen? This poll is funnier than most Irish comedians.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭hotspur

Pat Shortt
    Dylan Moran is the greatest comedian Ireland has ever produced. If we lived in a thoroughly fair society then mentioning Des Bishop in the same sentence as him would be a criminal offence punishable by a custodial sentence and a good kicking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Ardal O'Hanlon
    prospect wrote: »
    Okay, I'll agree to to give Moran a chance, however Maxwell is a non-runner for me.

Fair?

thats ok with me, im not here to push my opinions on anyone and while i disagree with what you say i will defend to the death your riight to say it!!

at least we hae opened your eyes to the genius that is dylan moran....."monster" is recorded from vicar street and he is all over the place, "like,totally live" he has it more together but all together for him is all over the place for anyone else!! both hysterically funny tho!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

Ardal O'Hanlon
    Torn between Andrew Maxwell and Dylan Moran, in the end i voted for Maxwell, hillarious.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Pye

Pat Shortt
    Dylan Moran ftw!

I used to like Tommy Tiernan but he's gone crap in my opinion. It's too scary watching him now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Ardal O'Hanlon
    It was a toss up between Delamere, Dara O'Brian abd Maxwell.

Ardal O'Hanlon
    That_Guy wrote: »
    It was a toss up between Delamere, Dara O'Brian abd Maxwell.

who did you vote for? or was it all of them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

Dara O Briain
    Has to be D O' D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Andrew Maxwell
    Neil Delamere is my current favourite, he's just class. Saw him at Vicar St earlier this year and he was amazing. Was at the panel last week and he was presenting so warmed up the crowd too and he was brilliant.

Tommy Tiernan used to be my favourite but haven't really heard anything of his recently.

An up and coming one I really like and have seen several times at smaller venues is Derek Ryan and he's a lovely guy too, I hope things work out for him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,013 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Torn between Tommy Tiernan and Dara O Briain.

Wasn't a huge fan of Tommy's latest show.. but he's more material to fall back on than O Briain. But Dara is just consistently funny in interviews and has a natural presence at presenting. The guy is uber-talented!

But i'm yet to see Dara live. Have his DVD but haven't got a chance to catch one of his gigs.

Oh.. and off to see Neil Delamere on Wednesday. Have high hopes for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 379 ✭✭King John V

David McSavage, Ardal O Hanlon and the gang from naked camera legends!!!!! Although the comediens on this new show I dare ya aren't bad.

Ardal O'Hanlon
    ..the gang from naked camera...

do you mean the full gang? as in ALL of them, because thats kind of in the wrong thread if you did!! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭lucyburn

I think Brendan Grace is hilarious.
    He's a real showman, I've seen him live about three years ago and can't wait to see him again

well okay. 1.) PJ Gallagher 2.) Patrick McDonnell and 3.) Maeve Higgins in that order. does that count?:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭gillyfromlyre

Has to be Brendan Grace, hes a national institution, the hubby is always impersonating him and his acts, hilarious stuff

Hey Gillyfromlyre.
    Did you ever hear the Brendan Grace gag about ordering duck in a chinese restaurant when drunk...classic.

Ardal O'Hanlon
    well okay. 1.) PJ Gallagher 2.) Patrick McDonnell and 3.) Maeve Higgins in that order. does that count?:)

maeve higgins shouldnt really be a part of a thread on irish MALE comedians should she.......SHOULD SHE?!?!

ha ha. Okay you're not going to let this go with me are you?:p So just for clarity- all that I said before minus Maeve Higgins, not 'all the gang' as alluded to in my first post as this includes producers, directors and other staff who are not nessecarily male comedians although to be very pedantic they may well be, but without further information I cannot suggest so conclusively.

That's every conceivable angle covered, so, ARE YOU HAPPY NOW GRAMES????:rolleyes:

Ardal O'Hanlon
    very happy, thanks for clearin that up!!! haha :D

• Advertisement

Hey Gillyfromlyre.
    Did you ever hear the Brendan Grace gag about ordering duck in a chinese restaurant when drunk...classic.

I'm in tears with laughter even reading about that gag, hes a cracker

Christy Moore is very funny too, I know hes not a stand up or anything but I heard him interviewed one day on the radio and he had me in tears

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 411 ✭✭sambora

Pat Shortt
    I loves me some Dylan Moran!!!!

Advertisement