Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

So how often to you floss your teeth?

• 23-10-2007 8:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭

I've been doing it daily for the last 6 months or so. I just got into the habit of doing it. How about you?

So how often to you floss your teeth? 35 votes

Daily
    0% 0 votes
    Weekly
    40% 14 votes
    Monthly
    25% 9 votes
    Just before you go to the dentist to give the impression you always do it
    17% 6 votes
    Never
    17% 6 votes

Comments

I tend to forget...but wouldn't go three days without flossing.
    Flossing is a minority sport in Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

I used to floss years ago, but not anymore
    I have my mornings perfectly timed between my arse leaving the bed and going out the door. If I added flossing to the regime then id lose out on 3 mins of lying in bed :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭FatherTed

I've been using one of these: http://www.reachaccess.com/home.html
    It has really changed my flossing habits for the better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,397 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Once in a blue moon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

FatherTed wrote: »
    I've been using one of these: http://www.reachaccess.com/home.html
    It has really changed my flossing habits for the better.

This thread smells very shillish...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

I don't floss and I don't wash my hands after using the toilet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

421 posts just to shill that? Dedication, I guess :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

I get all enthusiastic about flossing after a visit to the dentist, having been told I should do it every day. So I do it the next day. And thats it until the next time I visit the dentist again.

It's something I cant get into even though I wash my teeth every day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

i've been mortally afraid of flossing since a dentist once left my gums bleeding and in pain for a few days... it feels very invasive to do since, even if i dont go near the gums. ****ing hate it but i'm trying to get into the habit of doing it regularly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,845 ✭✭✭2Scoops

To the 50% of boardsies that don't floss, please, just give it a go! You might be surprised at what you find... and smell:eek:

Bleeding gums after flossing or brushing is a sign of gingivitis. All the more reason to blush and floss!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

I only have one tooth.
    The tooth brush gets everything.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,353 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Floss? Weekly, unless something is resistant to removal with a tooth brush.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

Flossing is more important than brushing your teeth.

You can (easily) fix your teeth, but you can't (easily) fix your gums... once your gums receed, that's it, they won't unreceed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

Hummingbirds are great:

http://www.amazon.com/Oral-Hummingbird-Flosser-Starter-Assorted/dp/B0001HYMFG

Easier to use than tape/floss & give a better clean.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,516 ✭✭✭✭DvB

wyndham wrote: »
    Hummingbirds are great:

http://www.amazon.com/Oral-Hummingbird-Flosser-Starter-Assorted/dp/B0001HYMFG

Easier to use than tape/floss & give a better clean.

I use one of those myself, handy little things!

I've gotten into the routine of brushing, flossing (hummingbird) & then using a Plax or similar type of mouthwash, wouldn't feel right if i didnt do the full routine nowadays!
    Though in saying that i only floss once a day, at night before heading off to the sack!:)
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭The Novacastrian

My dentist told me that flossing is only done by Americans and Germans and that there is no need to do it. He insisted that it is a marketing thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭oneeyedsnake

goslie wrote: »
    My dentist told me that flossing is only done by Americans and Germans and that there is no need to do it. He insisted that it is a marketing thing.

you are correct,this is a medicaly proven fact

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭Wacker

I floss whenever I sit down to watch a film, which is most nights. Not counting the cinema though or when I'm with a friend; that would be rather anti-social.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

every 1-2 days but normally every day. I think it's kind of gross not to..

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭moco

I do it every night:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,102 ✭✭✭mathie

What are those little plastic things with the wirey bit out the end, an alternative to flossing?

Erm come on brain!

I've heard they're better for you than flossing.

M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭radioactiveman

when you think about it it's kind of essential to do it at least every 2 days...
    you're not going to get a cavity in the front of your front tooth, it's going to be in between most likely. No surprise when you get the stink of the ****e/detritus that's there!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭dame

Not flossing every day can lead to heart disease kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Jigsaw

I never floss but occasionally enjoy getting a toothpick and hoking out a big piece of bacon that has been there all morning or something.

I must actually go to the dentist soon. Teeth are not in great shape. Although I must add that I brush twice daily without fail.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

lol I kind of thought I'd be in the minority voting "Never" here....seems I overestimated boardsies.

It's going to take a hell of a lot more than a piece of flavoured string to save my teeth...

Advertisement