Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best of Both Worlds??

Options
  • 23-10-2007 8:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hey Guys

Basically I was all set to start my own business in June. At the moment Im the senior technical manager with the company I work for...but I run the show on a daily basis.

The MD approached me today with an offer...basically it is the position of Managing Director and a number of preferance shares.

I have to say that I am tempted (although the motive for such an offer must be that he's afraid Ill take some of our current clients with me).

Iv asked for the offer in writing...so Ill have a few days to mull this one over.

Are there any issues I should consider before I give him my answer?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 who me never

If your ever thinking of getting out from somewhere and they try to bribe you to stay then get out quick, they will only keep you on long enough to retrain/hire someone and then feck you out on your ear

• Registered Users Posts: 9,787 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

You really have to decide whether this is going to really give you the opportunity you need.

So why didn't you leave in June?

What exactly do they mean by a preference share?

a.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭thecleverone

Preference shares are shares that pay dividends at a specified rate and have a preference over ordinary shares in the payment of dividends and the liquidation of assets. However, they normally do not carry voting rights and as such you technically won't be a major decision maker in the company. How can you influence decisions within the company if you do not have a right to vote on certain issues?

Advertisement