Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Seting up your own league??

• 23-10-2007 9:07pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Lads,

A gang of us from work have started playing football over the last few months. There are teams around from local businesses that we play challenge matches with etc and will continue to play about once a month. However we are looking to sort out a league amongst ourselves.

How would I go about this?
    What do I need to sort out to get this off the ground?

All advice welcome.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

A pitch or many pitches.

depending on your teams and what time suit an astro league paid for by your companies may be best.

If you want grass contact the authority off the public pitch that best suits Dublin City Council, Fingal, SDCC etc .

then all you need is fixtures.

kdjac

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

KdjaCL,

I'm based down in Longford. We have a full size astro pitch that we can pay to play on, generally play twice a week so its not too bad to get our hands on for a match. Each person throws in 10 Euro per match and that covers the Ref and pitch etc.
    Our boss said he will sponser the team but it will have to be a proper league to get sorted.

Johnny24ie

for some reason i thought you in talla :D

So make fixtures get commits from other teams iE MONEY UP FRONT lol ask desf about league fees :)

then block book the pitch with the monies given and book ref for duration, pay him beforehand or half up front etc:

tbh its the commit you will struggle with.

kdjac

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I usesd to live in Tallaght, moved down here a few months ago!!

Well all we have to pay is for the matches. The nights we head out at the minute is hard enough to get people to commit to but when a match is involved they will play no problem.

We have the pitch block booked 2 nights a week in anyway so thats that one sorted. I'm going to get onto different companies tommorrow and see if they are interested in the league!!

Get the commit before you ring them have a solid plan.

You want 8 teams so need the pitch for 4 hours one night a week to play all league games make it 2 if want to split it over convienent times.

Pitch = €60 per hour so 4 hours = €240 per Day of league.
    ref costs €30 per hour

So league night is €360 per night.

8 teams = 14 fixtures so total cost = €5040

Entry per team is €630 and your costs are covered.

Subtract and add any other costs and if like www.astro.ie you want to make a profit add on 400 per team and get pitch price to 30 :rolleyes:

kdjac

• Advertisement

KdjaCL wrote: »
    Get the commit before you ring them have a solid plan.

You want 8 teams so need the pitch for 4 hours one night a week to play all league games make it 2 if want to split it over convienent times.

Pitch = €60 per hour so 4 hours = €240 per Day of league.
    ref costs €30 per hour

So league night is €360 per night.

8 teams = 14 fixtures so total cost = €5040

Entry per team is €630 and your costs are covered.

Subtract and add any other costs and if like www.astro.ie you want to make a profit add on 400 per team and get pitch price to 30 :rolleyes:

kdjac

I have the commit from all the lads on my end, council and social welfare are up for it too.

he pitch down our way is 120 for the hour, its a full 11-a-side astro pitch. I might be able to get them down on the price for a league. Then the Ref is €40 for a match.

I will get more arranging done tomorrow and let you know how I get on.

Advertisement