Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

please help?.....

Options
  • 23-10-2007 9:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23

hi everyone, i was wondering if you could help me with something.

Ok, i have had a boyfriend for the last 4 years, in which i love him to bits well most of the time.

Since I told my boyfriend that i have an eating disorder (bulima for 7years) things have not quite been the seem between us, will i guess i can expect this as this is a lot of stress on our relationship.

anyways, since then i have been going through phases where i am confused about my sexuality. When i am going through these phases my feelings dont be as strong for my boyfriend but they soon pass.

The point is i dont know why i keep going through these phases. does this come with the whole eating disorder, is it a fear i always had or is these phases trying to tell me something.

How will i know?

anyone experienced anything like this?

please help...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 broadwaybaby

Try talking to a counsiller or something about this and your eating disorder and I'd say forget about relationships with anyone right now and get yourself better a.s.a.p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭claire h

crazy2000 wrote: »
    The point is i dont know why i keep going through these phases. does this come with the whole eating disorder, is it a fear i always had or is these phases trying to tell me something.

Sometimes eating disorders have been known to emerge in relation to sexuality issues - something like developing an eating disorder in response to sexual abuse would be more common than because of one's own fear of a particular sexual identity, but it could be related. On the other hand, the two may very well have nothing to do with one another. (Your 'phases' might be a response to your boyfriend not fully understanding your disorder, for example... a way of imagining more sympathetic partners while not going so far as to imagine other men... or some other response to the stress you two are undergoing at the moment.)

If it's really worrying you, do talk to a professional about it, especially if you feel it's an issue standing in the way of your recovery.

Advertisement