Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blocked Barrel,plz Help

Options
  • 23-10-2007 10:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭

:o ok ive gone and done something stupid just cleaning my m4 when the piece of jaycloth i was useing came away from the cleaning rod and is now lodged near the reciever end of the barrel ,any ideads how to get it out ,dont have any tools to strip it with , was thinking of emptying a mag to try pust it out ,probably foook it up::o:o:o:o

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

All Caps posts make baby jesus cry :(

anyway, um, use the cleaning rod to push it down towards the hopup unit (with the hop fully off) then see if you can get a tweasers in to grab the piece of cloth?

wouldnt advise emptying a mag into it, you'll only cause a jam and then all sorts of bad things can happen

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

sorry kd didnt know caps was on ,il give it ago

tweasers didnt work wasnt skinny enough ,cut a small fishing hook till it was small enought to fit down the barrel with some line attached and pulled it out ,,il test fire it tomorow to make sure that no damage is done

o...........k....

my first thought upon reading that was fish hook in barrel = scratched barrel....

i hope not though

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

If its a dboys, the allen key you got with it will open the two nuts on the side, slide off the upper receiver( disconnect the wires in the handgrip first)
    And the barrel and hop will slide out on their own, from here taking off the barrel is handy, just take off the small piece of white plastic clipped on that holds it in place. Then just push the obstruction through.

Think its the same for TM brand m4s.

Just need the allen key to get started.

If this advice isnt applicable then just ignore it, goodluck.

• Advertisement

doh! why didnt i think of that? good thinking Motosam

motosam il remember that for future mishaps,thankyou

Kdouglas the fish hook didnt touch the sides of the barrel and i only put a small bend to try pull the jaycloth out, worked first attempt in future il use motosam's advice

Advertisement