Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anybody know what this fella did (Clondalkin garda chase)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,011 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Maybe they were all out of Templemore on a training course for car chases.
    Ive never seen so many cop cars in Ireland in one place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

What you cant see is the cars sharply turning after coming off screen, then doubling back for the next lap. Id say about 3 cars involved all together.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

...they get to a roundabout and chase around it for hours...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,084 ✭✭✭eroo

holy ****!23 cars and the helicopter!impressive,cool video

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

Wow, I counted <edit> 24. I didn't know that there were 24 Garda vehicles available at any one time in the country :confused:

The most I counted before was 17 and they were chasing after a stolen Micra.

Complete overkill tbh. Would one of the sargents not have said after the 20th car was deployed - Jhesus lads, if we don't cetch him wit 20 cars den surely we need our heads checked. Bejhesus!

<edit> I thought the milk van was a lost paddy wagon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

Maybe the Knacks stole another TD's car ? I don't see as many Garda cars chasing them now compared to the 90's when it was like the Blues Brothers at times..

:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

Probably a raid on some guy who forgot to pay his T.V. license.

They're really cracking down on that I hear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

20 odd police cars? ... mental...

Thrill wrote: »

Nah. Everyone knows the embarrassment of being caught (and a fine) is enough punishment.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭Turner

I think they are chasing two cars, probably from a ram raid or something. With 4 criminals in each.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,011 ✭✭✭✭GBX

"the blues brothers" .... I couldnt remember where id seen it before lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

when did this happen?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭cazzy

Thrill wrote: »

No I think it was a dog licence. If it was a tv licence there would be more helicopters and motor bike guards out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

That video needs more Yakkity Sax.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Video starts too late, you missed the big truck going past with Smokey driving. The cop cars were all hot on the tail of the Bandit...

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

cazzy wrote: »
    No I think it was a dog licence. If it was a tv licence there would be more helicopters and motor bike guards out.

They don't do that any more, they just send the army in after those heartless scumbags who don't pay their tv license.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

<insert Mary Harney food convoy joke here>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Chipper was just about to close.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

bloody hell... any chance it was the Annual Garda Siochana Ford Mondeo Grand Prix?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Isn't there a thread for youtube vids?
    I think I'll move it there.

I might make a mistake along the way though.
    I hope I'm fogiven for that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

was wondering where all the sqaud cars were in the NW last night, they were in dublin with all the other squad cars chasing some guy who left his bins out on the wrong night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭nanook

I have seen this happen before, its usually an hour before shift change, they have to go back and get showered, change clothes and sit at the desk for 30 mins waiting for their replacements to arrive

nanook wrote: »
    I have seen this happen before, its usually an hour before shift change, they have to go back and get showered, change clothes and sit at the desk for 30 mins waiting for their replacements to arrive

*cough* That was in the North West ... Donegal is included, right? *cough*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Was anyone else waiting for a fat gard on a push bike to come by towards the end goin around 2mph?:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭nanook

Was anyone else waiting for a fat gard on a push bike to come by towards the goin around 2mph?:)

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,719 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

Happy hour in Coppers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

its the new craze

blue boy racers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

They were trying to make it in time for the Dunkin Donuts Midnight Special Offer?

EDIT: *cough* Of course, if there was a West Dublin forum the people there might know the answer! *cough*

|
    |
    V

Advertisement