Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Speaker "rattle"

• 23-10-2007 11:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

I have two Samsung LCD TV's (40" and 26"). When watching TV, certain sounds seem to cause a rattle in the speakers. Im not sure how to describe the sound, but its a tinny shudder that appears to be in response to certain audio tones?!?

Its a little annoying to listen to. I originally thought that it was just a faulty set of speakers in the 40", but now the 26" is at it too! It doesn't happen constantly, more like once every few minutes when certain sounds occur.

anyone know what this is, if its common, if its a defect and what I could / should do about it!!!!

Ta,
    Jab

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭guest

Too much bass/treble can do this. try lowering them on the sound settings. Also, alot of films/tv shows are made for 5.1 surround, so their dynamic range, even when downsampled to LtRt (Dolby prologic or stereo) may stretch Tv speakers too far. Personally I'd consider a seperate surround sound system, or even a decent Logitech/Creative set. You can pick em up for 40 or 50 euro easy..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Slaphead07

It's most likely low frequencies causing vibrations in the speaker casing. Try a DVD and when the rattle occurs repeat that sound (if you have an A - B feature that's perfect).
    Get close to the speaker and try and find exactly where the rattle is coming from and the use a bit of blu-tac to steady it. This often works with such rattles and as it's cheap is worth a shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭jabaroon

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the replies. I will give the bluetac a try! I guess its just a little frustrating to pay so much for a TV and then have it misbehave this way! It can ruin a movie!

Ta,
    Jab

Advertisement