Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Extenuating Circumstances

Options
  • 24-10-2007 12:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭

It looks like I may miss my exams this Christmas due to a medical issue. I have read all the forms and that from the UCD website but as is the usual with UCD I didn´t get all the info I wanted !!!! Has anyone been through this before ? If so what happens ? Do I just do the usual repeats with other people who have failed with any capping on my GPA, in my case this would be assignments and no exam which doesn´t seem likely ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Happened to a mate of mine. You resit the exams in the following semester without the cap on your grades

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Wacko wrote: »
    It looks like I may miss my exams this Christmas due to a medical issue. I have read all the forms and that from the UCD website but as is the usual with UCD I didn´t get all the info I wanted !!!! Has anyone been through this before ? If so what happens ? Do I just do the usual repeats with other people who have failed with any capping on my GPA, in my case this would be assignments and no exam which doesn´t seem likely ?

Obviously If its just a gp apointment or a minor op then these are not extenuating circumstances so you should reschedule them.UCD can be pretty strict on the nature of what constitutes an extenuating circumstance.The fact that you know about your medical issue in advance is a bit sceptic and means you can inform the school in advance so rearrangments can be made and you can still sit the exam.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭Sarn

So long as you submit an extenuating circumstances form with a cert you will be given an IX grade. You will then sit the exam/s at the next sitting which in this case will be Summer.

On occasion exceptions can be made and the module coordinator can set up an exam before the next sitting so that you are not burdened with too many exams at once (this is dealt with on a case by case basis).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

I got extenuating circumstances last year. I was able to sit my exams though as I was better by then but I had missed a lot of class.
    I probably got a few extra marks in my exams, I don't know, I was happy with them anyway.
    You need to submit all your doctor's certs and I think I had to get my doctor to sign the form too.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,596 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

A lot of people sit exams in hospital so it really would be surprising if you were put on hold till the repeats. Also, there probably wont be any Autumn repeats this year so you might have a long wait for a resit. Try the "Alternate Exam Arrangement and Disability Support" branch of the Assessments and Logistics office for clarification.

• Advertisement
Advertisement