Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Now that Staunton is officially gone, who would you like to see as manager?

• 24-10-2007 12:07am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭

I think if O'Leary makes himself available, they'll give it to him. But my own preference would Graeme Souness. He didnt have a great time with Newcastle but he talks sense on RTE and would give some of the slackers in the camp a right going over.

I think its also important we go outside the FAI also. Staunton, Kerr and McCarthy all got their jobs from their time in Irish football so I think its important they give the place a fresh start from top to bottom. Starting with a proven, non-Irish manager.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055168072

No need for new a thread. 9 pages on it already there!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭jem

I think there is one obvious choice if he would be willing to do it- respect from players, very sucessful manager one leage with 2 clubs, won a double and one of the best players of all time- king kenny. your only man.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭dbnavan

Amazing that the BBC were able to report he is gone before RTE and SKY might be something on RTE before midday, if their IT guy is in in the morning. Night folks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

I'd love dunphy to get it, not that I think he'd be a great manager, just for the craic really.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Paul Jewell for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,426 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Roy Hodgson, or however you spell his name.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Eddie McGoldrick. Or Paul Jewell. One or the other.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Philippe Troussier.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

The FAI did this whole 'outside headhunter' thing with Bryan Hamilton back in 03.Its just a way to deflect the blame if this appointment goes wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 500 ✭✭✭warrenaldo

Paul Jewell for me too. He has a history of doing great jobs with poor teams. Bradford and Wigan. Ireland are a bad team. He gets my vote.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

What the hell are people thinking, seriously. Anyone give me one reason why Jewell, who left Wigan because they really weren't showing enough potential, would decide to manage Ireland? What possibly reason would he have for doing this? We've as much chance of getting Jewell as we have of getting Moyes or somebody.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

Nunu wrote: »
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055168072

No need for new a thread. 9 pages on it already there!

can people stop posting in their own break away threads?
    its all being discussed here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,198 ✭✭✭kensutz

Paul Jewell is favourite to take the Norwich job when he's allowed sign on Nov 1st.

Advertisement