Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UL Journo Soc

• 24-10-2007 1:32am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭

PRESS RELEASE!

UL Journalism Society would like to inform you of its arrival on campus!

Who: UL Journalism Society
    What: Our inaugural meeting
    When: Wednesday, Week 7, 18h30
    Where: Students' Union, Room 3. Be there.
    Why: Because you have the nerve to write or the face for radio. (:cool:)

For further information:
    Email us
    UL Journo Soc Bebo Page
    Facebook Group

Or just PM me! :)
    UL JOURNO SOC - DOING THE WRITE THING!

I'd just like to point out that the Journo Soc is not geared solely at writers (despite the cheesy slogan!). We'd like to engage with all types of journalism... So if you're interested in writing, photography, radio broadcasting, current affairs or general mischief come along and see what we're all about. You know you want to. Really. You do. :D

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peteee

Will there be pie? cake?

Not that it matters, I'm a dirty alumni, and even if I wasn't I'm far too lazy for stuff like this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

is there going to be(or already is???) a college radio station....if so id be very interested and have worked for radio before

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭Heliosvector

isnt the one that is in connection with Mary Imacualte college in league with UL?? i forget what its called but i think UL students can get action on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

isnt the one that is in connection with Mary Imacualte college in league with UL?? i forget what its called but i think UL students can get action on it.
    We don't speak of it. No current UL involvement. Former disagreement, don't speak of it.

The current idea is to have a UL radio station for Rag Week (like we used to do in the mid-90s) so if the license application is approved and we (or I) don't find any difficulty with the radio station operating out of mary I it will hopefully go ahead. Lots of aspiration stuff in there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

sceptre wrote: »
    We don't speak of it. No current UL involvement. Former disagreement, don't speak of it.

The current idea is to have a UL radio station for Rag Week (like we used to do in the mid-90s) so if the license application is approved and we (or I) don't find any difficulty with the radio station operating out of mary I it will hopefully go ahead. Lots of aspiration stuff in there.

it wouldnt be too hard to convert one of the production suites in the csis building for a week for a radio station...............dont know if they would let you now with the amount of gear in their but it might be worth considering

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭bluedolphin

With regard to the Radio, the main problem is that of the licence and the historical controversy with which we will have to face. Things are in motion for Rag Radio though, Journo Soc in conjunction with DJ Soc and ULSU Ents. It'll sort of be a test run; if that goes well then looking on to next year then who knows what we can do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭gaf1983

Ruth Scott started out on UL's Rag Radio many moons ago. There you have it.

Exactly. There you have it. Now everyone join Journo Soc :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

gaf1983 wrote: »
    Indeed, she stole 15 minutes out of one of my shows to record the demo
    PeakOutput wrote: »
    it wouldnt be too hard to convert one of the production suites in the csis building for a week for a radio station...............dont know if they would let you now with the amount of gear in their but it might be worth considering
    Worth asking but they wouldn't consider it for something smaller last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

What actually happened with Wired FM and UL? It was gone from here by the time I started in '03.

The radio room in the SU is now Comp Soc's server room, however the last time I was around there the store room (left of room 1) still had a lot of the equipment - CD players, turntables, etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,475 ✭✭✭✭cson

gaf1983 wrote: »

Thats a black black mark against UL. I'd have kept that quiet if I were you. :p

ide love to do radio. if i can join now without being in UL yet, im in.

*wow look! a guy who isnt even in ul wants to join. it must be vgood! everyone!! lets join!!*

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peteee

cson wrote: »
    Thats a black black mark against UL. I'd have kept that quiet if I were you. :p

Yeah, she sounds hot but.....

ide love to do radio. if i can join now without being in UL yet, im in.

*wow look! a guy who isnt even in ul wants to join. it must be vgood! everyone!! lets join!!*

I'm really, really sorry but our constitution states that membership is only open to students, alumni and staff... :(

We'll still be around next year; join then! We'll be *massive* by then! With a budget! w00t!

i kind of knew that i was just playing around. see you next year!!! :mad:You will never forget me:mad:!!!!
    I will haunt you forever

i kind of knew that i was just playing around. see you next year!!! :mad:You will never forget me:mad:!!!!
    I will haunt you forever

Sniff, you may not see me next year...with any luck (and some willpower to actually do my FYP) I'll be all gradumatated...sniff, sniff :(

what?! your supposed to be there!!!......
    I will see you in my nightmares!

what?! your supposed to be there!!!......
    I will see you in my nightmares!

I'm supposed to be there?! :eek: What's going on?! Nightmares?! :eek:

Advertisement