Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Advice needed

• 24-10-2007 2:07am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭

Hey folks, pretty sure this is in the right section so if not, please feel free to move as appropriate, dont want to cause any hassle.

Ok so last year in college we had to submit a 400 euro deposit for our student accomodation (run by the college). Long story short, none of us got it back (3 of us in the apartment). I sent an email asking why, they outlined some reasons and to be honest, I didnt think it was worth the hassle pursuing it. What they listed was true, but should not have cost anywhere near the 400 euro mark but I let it be. Now however, having spoke to one of my ex room mates, apparently his mother rang them. She wasnt as pleasant about it as I was and threatened legal action to get the deposit back. They caved and he got it.

Now, I dont want to start legal action against them (this is why im not sure if im even in the appropriate forum here!) but im about to write them an angry email. Should I threaten legal action? Am I even in the right to threaten legal action? I mean, basically they have admitted they were wrong by already returning one of the deposits, yes? Im not living there anymore (not even in the same college so I dont know if that makes any difference).

Again, Im sorry if this is in the wrong section so if there is somewhere more appropriate (perhaps housing? Im not so sure) then by all means feel free to ship it over there, if you could just send me a friendly PM informing me so. Cheers folks. :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

Probably more suited to the Accomodation & Property forum here.

If they have already refunded one of the deposits then they should probably be refunding all of them, though you will probably get a more concrete answer in the above forum.

Advertisement