Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Raw 22/10 (***spoilers***)

• 24-10-2007 2:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭

My current bout of insomnia saw me staying up watching this live on Monday night and man was it agreat show to see spoiler free.

A couple of interesting points.

The Candice injury was petty gruesome viewing. I wasn't sure if it was a work til I saw the replays and quite frankly she's lucky itwas only a broken colarbone she suffered and not a broken neck.

"Holy Pasta Fagioli", Santino was absolutely laugh out loud funny here, referencing "The Bret Hart,""Jillian garcia", "Andre The French Giant" and even "Mantaur!!!" "Opening-a the can of the ass whip" has to be line of the year, indeed the entire promo is as funny a skit as WWE have produced in yonks. He's become a real high point of raw every week. Its a pity he is so awful in-ring or they would have a MONEY heel on their hands.

I'm beginning to agree with Fozzy about Kennedy's sloppiness in the ring. He completely fluffed on a neckbreaker in the main with Shawn and boy was Michaels pissed visibly pissed. It wasn't the only spot he blew either.

Harry Smith's debut was enjoyable and he was well received.

The commentators didn't pick up on a little incident in the inter gender 6 man where Murdoch pushed Mickie out of the way and ate a lariat to lose the match. Maybe its the start of an angle. Oh and Mickie is by far my favourite Diva of all time. Great worker, cute and sexy at the same time and that ass in those jeans.....i'd do time.

I still find the Hornswoggle stuff harmless and quite funny but can see it wearing thin very soon.

Orton's really looking like a champ these days, he has that swagger you expect of a main event superstar.

I've bashed Jeff Hardy mercilessly in the past, but credit to him he's really on his game at the moment and he is MASSIVELY over. I'd love to see him in the CS main event. In fact in Cena's absence they should pull the trigger on him now while he's hot, they need a new babyface main eventer. He even cut a decent promo last night.

Michaels' knees look like they are ****ed at the moment. When he did his run in at the top of the show he really looked like he was struggling badly. I hope to god they haven't rushed him back too soon to cover for Cena's absence because he really doesn't look anywhere near 100%. I'd hate to see him turn into a shadow of his former self through chronic knee trouble.

In closing this was the best Raw in AGES. It really is fun to stay spoiler free too.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I liked the show too. Some thoughts which occurred to me...

- Kennedy is so sh*t right now. I don't know if he's mentally off his game due to the steroids issue or what but he's been so bad of late and he was like a complete rookie this week. I really don't see what others see in him. Needs a lot more seasoning in my view.

- Santino was great again this week as you mentioned. I hope they keep him with Maria for a while.

- The Harry Smith debut annoyed me as I don't like the name change for starters - DH? - and it just seemed very rushed. They should have built it up more and also referenced his Hart connections too.

- Agree on Jeff Hardy. He's really on fire at the minute and the fans love him.

- Shame about Candice as I was actually enjoying their match up until the incident.

- The Triple H/Umaga brawl was a good segment I thought. I wish Hunter would stay in this role and help elevate Umaga but I highly doubt that will happen on Sunday.

- The main event was fun in spite of Kennedy's crappiness. All in all a good Raw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

if you listen carefully to the santino promo you can hear lawler barely containing pissing himself laughing on a number of occasions.

comparing santino's promo and kennedys is like night and day.

i agree with MNG we need more maria on tv :p

the name change for harry smith is because WWE want to copyright the DH Smith name so he can't use it anywhere else

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

Just watching RAW at the mo, and Jeff is super over. WWE should push him to the moon! It doesn't matter how good/bad we at the 'net think of him, he is super over and it could be his time!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Minto wrote: »
    Just watching RAW at the mo, and Jeff is super over. WWE should push him to the moon! It doesn't matter how good/bad we at the 'net think of him, he is super over and it could be his time!

Speak for yourselves, I was one of the few who didn't forget how many times he died in the ring practically between 99 and 2001 when the rest of the net was ****ting all over him in 2003.

So seeing him get over now is so satisfying for me, as it's a big "**** you!" to all the haters :)

VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I only watched the main event yesterday, Kennedy was back to being crap. He did well in a couple of matches recently, don't know if it was a fluke or if he's just being inconsistent. Shawn doesn't look like he should be in a ring, I really hope he doesn't end up doing further damage to his knees

I have to check out Santino's promo, I'm laughing just reading about it here

• Advertisement

Fozzy wrote: »
    I have to check out Santino's promo, I'm laughing just reading about it here

You really should! It is actually brilliant. You'll have to find it on dailymotion or YouTube, because Sky only showed half of it last night for some reason.

because Sky only showed half of it last night for some reason.

Sky edit the the hell out of the Thursday/Friday RAW for some reason! Yet they can find matches to put on that are "from the vault"

Baffles the sh*t out of me, to be honest.
    VR!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

I thought the edited version shown later in the week was done by WWE themselves?

Mossy Monk wrote: »
    I thought the edited version shown later in the week was done by WWE themselves?

Your right, they do. I forgot about that. But I think Sky have a part in it.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,181 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

anyone notice during the lead up to the Umaga vs Horny match and they should what has been happening between coach n horny over the last while they showed them running threw the cafeteria area and if you look there is some guy wearing and RTE Two T shirt

• Advertisement

anyone notice during the lead up to the Umaga vs Horny match and they should what has been happening between coach n horny over the last while they showed them running threw the cafeteria area and if you look there is some guy wearing and RTE Two T shirt

Ha ha, maybe we're gonna see RAW on RTE2 soon. They could have Eamon Dunphy and co. analysing what happened during the show. Great stuff, lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Ha ha, maybe we're gonna see RAW on RTE2 soon. They could have Eamon Dunphy and co. analysing what happened during the show. Great stuff, lol.

that would f*cking rock, cena or triple h would lose a match and dunphy would be like; "they are finished Bill, its over, they were never any good to start with, roy keane would murder these guys" :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,181 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

rossie1977 wrote: »
    that would f*cking rock, cena or triple h would lose a match and dunphy would be like; "they are finished Bill, its over, they were never any good to start with, roy keane would murder these guys" :D

Ha its funny cause its true

Then on the next SNME, they can have Austin v Dunphy in a drinkathon!
    Or a Flair v Dunphy for the record of DUI charges.

The jokes just write themselves.
    VR!

Advertisement