Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Ford Focus Central Locking

Options
  • 24-10-2007 8:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,944 ✭✭✭

Anyone ever have problems with their central locking on their Ford Focus? Yesterday morning I turned the key in the drivers door and it took about 1 or 2 seconds before all the other doors opened. I thought it might have been due to the cold morning.
    This morning I was up at 4:30am to drop someone to the airport and when i turned the key in the drivers door none of the other doors opened. When i tried to open them from inside of the drivers door nothing happened. I then tried the passenger door from the outside and it worked fine. After a few minutes the drivers door central locking was working ok.
    Would it be due to the cold combined with the drivers door lock getting alot more use over the years?

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,685 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

Just check that the interior door handles are moving OK. Occasionally one of the interior handles will start sticking (either driver or passenger), and because they both activate the central locking then it causes all sort of strange problems. If there is a problem it will more than likely be with the passenger handle (sticking) as that gets a lot less use than the driver's handle.

Advertisement