Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replacement for Jol?

Options
  • 24-10-2007 8:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭

According to reports it could very well be Mark Hughes. Could be a good choice. Has done very well with blackburn. What do we think?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭John W

According to reports it could very well be Mark Hughes. Could be a good choice. Has done very well with blackburn. What do we think?

In what rag did you hear this?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

He'd be a good choice for me. As mentioned in another thread, he has a very average back 4, yet he gets them defending well as a unit. He was a winner as a player and he has a winning mentality which some of our staff dont appear to have.

Also. I dont think he'd put up with the laboured mentality of our players on Monday night. They would be shipped out the door if they didnt change quick smart.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭colly_browy

Yeah he'd be my number one.

Like all good managers seems to start by building up a strong resolute defence and builds it up from there. As an ex-striker, obviously has alot to offer that side too. Strong character. Young, hungry, on the up. Only drawback if he did arrive would be if Sir AF leaves Man U soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Lawless_Samurai

Yeah I wouldn't mind seeing that happen!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

I'd be very happy with Hughes. Can't see Spurs going for him though, don't reckon they think he's cool or european enough for them. I hope I'm wrong but I just don't see Spurs going for him.

Levy is so obsessed trying to copy those cnuts up the road and what they did with Wenger. Wenger is a 1 off, they don't grow on trees, which is a good this I suppose, you could never let your kids play ouside if they did.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

There are quite a few rumblings that tonight will be his last game in charge. I'm hearing that his replacement could be Jurgen or it could be Ramos, though obvioulsy nothing concrete.

I'd be sad to see him go considering what he's done for us but in over a season he hasn't been able to teach the team to defend, and that's cost us dearly, particularly this season. Time to go Martin. I'll cheer and applaud you in your next appointment but for the time being I think your number is up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

ramos confirmed as his replacement, on sky sports news now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭dantes74

would like to see klinsman get the job. he done a fabulous job with an average german team at the last world cup plus he has a great history with spurs

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Is it ramos for sure ? ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Yep, Ramos for sure and the BBC is no rag

But they need a caretaker for the rest of the season.

Chris Hughton is supposed to have a great reputation as a coach. Now I know many top coaches have failed as managers like Brian Kidd and Sammy Lee.
    Would Chris Hughton have a shot at being caretaker?
    He has been there so long he must know the club inside out and it'd be good to see another Irish manager in the Premiership

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/t/tottenham_hotspur/7063013.stm
    Sevilla coach Juande Ramos has reportedly agreed to become Spurs' new manager at the start of next season.

It was claimed Spurs met Ramos in August with a "dizzying" offer to replace the 51-year-old Jol at White Hart Lane.

But with Sevilla in the Champions League Ramos opted to see out his contract with the Spanish club which expires next summer.

• Advertisement

find it hard to believe a manager would leave a champions league team for a team that looks like it may not even be in europe next yr.
    we need a permanent solution now or this season is going to be an absolute dissaster.
    why spend 40 million on a team to finish in the bottom half of the table

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭RingoSpur

Im all for ramos coming in but i hope we dont have to wait till next year. Its anyones guess how the season could go if we have someone temporary in for the year. Sky sports sayin gus poyet could come in straight away as assistant.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

No way can we afford to wait until the summer,we cant write off this season already we need to get back into europe and a caretaker wont do this.Levy & Co. you p**cks sort this mess out now as you have caused it,was sickened to see himself and Kelmsley laughing after Getafe scored the winner,and he calls himself a spurs fan.Levy you are a cnut.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Hughton is gone as well ! !

• Registered Users Posts: 37 monvoy

dantes74 wrote: »
    find it hard to believe a manager would leave a champions league team for a team that looks like it may not even be in europe next yr.

I agree!
    But if we are going to wait til the summer why not go for Mourhino? Or better still, buy him out of that clause in his contract and install him at WHL now!

Whoever comes in I'm sure we will see an exodus of quite a few players ...Jenas, Tanio, Gardner maybe even Robbo!!!!!

don't think we need to go mental and start getting rid of players. what we need is two solid midfielders that can take control of the game, if we need to shed 2/3 players to finance that so be it.
    we have a good defence they just need to be organised properly, we can't keep dreaming that ledley is gonna come back and make everything ok, we can't wait that long
    we need the players we have now to stand up and be counted before this crisis gets any worse...... surely it can't

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

There will be no clear out, not until the end of the season IMO. The only players likely to leave in January will be those who seek a move of their own accord.

Ramos will want time to see if he can work with the underachievers in the squad, two months won't be enough to make that decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭ruiseal

[QUOTE=

Ramos will want time to see if he can work with the underachievers in the squad, two months won't be enough to make that decision.[/QUOTE]

Could be interesting to see how Sulky Berbatov gets on with the new manager!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

id like to see ghaly get a game in the centre of the field. thats his position. and get jenas on the bench.

now, if wed only spent 16 million on micah richards instead of bent....

Advertisement