Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Penalty points and changing cars

Options
  • 24-10-2007 9:04am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭

Hi.
    I just bought a 2nd hand car.
    I've duly registered it in my name with the Vehicle Registration Unit in Shannon and i've informed my insurance company of the change of vehicle.

However I have a couple of penalty points.
    Will these automatically be transferred to the new vehicle if I have done the above?
    Or do I need to do anything extra?
    Any advice appreciated.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 323 ✭✭High&Low

tech77 wrote: »
    Hi.
    I just bought a 2nd hand car.
    I've duly registered it in my name with the Vehicle Registration Unit in Shannon and i've informed my insurance company of the change of vehicle.

However I have a couple of penalty points.
    Will these automatically be transferred to the new vehicle if I have done the above?
    Or do I need to do anything extra?
    Any advice appreciated.
    Thanks.

Penalty points are on your licence not your car...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭tech77

High&Low wrote: »
    Penalty points are on your licence not your car...

Of course.
    Dunno what I was thinking.
    Thanks.

Advertisement