Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats going on with Post??

Options
  • 24-10-2007 9:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭

Just want to see if anyone is expieriencing problems with their post? We only seem to be getting post once maybe twice a week. There seems to be a massive delay, things taking a week or more to arrive. This is really frustrating and want to see if others are in the same boat?..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

Can't say I've noticed any problems with the post (apart from the amount of bills).

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭MyPerfectCousin

This has been going on a while. Lately we get post about twice per week, but even stranger than that, it is delivered at 7pm. What's up with that?

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭cuddydale

I have noticed this too. On a few occasions I have received our post at 10pm by a lady who isn't appearing to be wearing any sign of a postal uniform. I don't know where the usual chap has gone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭SlinkyToo

All part of the deregulation of the postal industry. There is no service agreement on Postal Deliveries, so post can be delivered whenever there is a sufficient load for an area.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,937 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

I would've thought there's a sufficient load for Charlesland every day.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭dubrunner

SlinkyToo wrote: »
    All part of the deregulation of the postal industry. There is no service agreement on Postal Deliveries, so post can be delivered whenever there is a sufficient load for an area.

Has An Post changed their times of delivery because of deregulation?

Highly unlikely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭SlinkyToo

Hi,
    Can you tell me what An Post's delivery times are? You will find that they have no set times for deliveries as they do not have any service agreement to adhere to. I refer you to the FAQ on the An Post Website.

And I quote -

Why is my mail delivered at different times and sometimes late in the afternoon?

A post person’s delivery is spread over the course of the day, usually between 8am & 4pm. The time your mail is delivered generally depends on whether your address lies at the beginning or end of the route. However there are other factors which may have an effect on delivery times

_____

Other factors can include dogs, stairs, backache, rain, and especially people who question the postie on why their post is late. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

i've been gettin my post daily fine. usually at about 1pm. Every day without issue.

is it possible that you're just not getting any post?

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭LMC

i've been gettin my post daily fine. usually at about 1pm. Every day without issue.

is it possible that you're just not getting any post?

I get my post regulary too - wish I didnt as its mostly bills!!!! Had a letter posted on Wed from Dun L and got it yesterday !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭dubrunner

SlinkyToo wrote: »
    Hi,
    Can you tell me what An Post's delivery times are? You will find that they have no set times for deliveries as they do not have any service agreement to adhere to. I refer you to the FAQ on the An Post Website.

And I quote -

Why is my mail delivered at different times and sometimes late in the afternoon?

A post person’s delivery is spread over the course of the day, usually between 8am & 4pm. The time your mail is delivered generally depends on whether your address lies at the beginning or end of the route. However there are other factors which may have an effect on delivery times

_____

Other factors can include dogs, stairs, backache, rain, and especially people who question the postie on why their post is late. ;)

We're all getting it on a regular basis. In fact everyone we know in Charlesland are happy with the An Post service.

So perhaps it's just your place? Maybe he/she lives next door and they just do it when they've finished their dinner???!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭neets

we are experiencing exactly the same thing. infrequent post which is delivered by a lady any time around or after 7pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭MuffinsDa

neets wrote: »
    we are experiencing exactly the same thing. infrequent post which is delivered by a lady any time around or after 7pm.

exactly the same with us (Charlesland Park)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭ian_m

No delay to report with my post.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭cuddydale

Maybe it is a Charlesland Park thing. We are waiting on a contract which was sent from Dublin 2 (two weeks ago) and we still haven't received anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭in_da_club

i noticed a delay aswell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 CD_GD

We are also in Charlesland Park and have the same problem. Thought it was strange that it wasn't delivered until 7pm alright!! I also know of stuff that was definately sent to me that I didn't get!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭NewHome

Last night I met the woman delivering the post at around 7pm. I asked her why was the post so late, and her reply was 'because I'm doing it!' So there you have it :rolleyes: (we are also in the Park)

NewHome wrote: »
    Last night I met the woman delivering the post at around 7pm. I asked her why was the post so late, and her reply was 'because I'm doing it!' So there you have it :rolleyes: (we are also in the Park)

Very unusual...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 krazykat

We're up in Eden Gate and our post is all over the place. We've been getting letters through the door at 7 or 8pm and the last 2 Saturdays we had post delivered!

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Plenty

There is definitely something wrong with the post. I got the gas bill on Friday Nov 2nd, but was supposed to be paid by Nov 1st. Bord Gáis usually send out the bill at least two weeks before it is due for payment.

Just as a matter of interest, does this lady who delivers the post at 7pm work for An Post?

• Advertisement

Have any of you contacted An Post and asked them why its late?

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Plenty

I haven't as yet, but I only noticed the problem on Friday. Others have been having problems for a few weeks now

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

Does it usually take over 4 working days to receive a package from another part of Ireland?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Miss D

Had lots of problems with the post, delays and items going missing. Our bank statements have recently been tampered with, (window in the envelope is split to see info inside), reported it to An Post and our post is now being monitored.

Since then and up to now, had no issues, so if you are experiencing this might be an idea to report it and draw attention to the issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭MyPerfectCousin

Our concerns have increased too since I last used this thread to complain about late delivery. We had two birthday cards with (small amounts of) cash fail to arrive.

While i know there's always a risk sending cash, and I'm reluctant to do so myself, relations have been doing it for years for kids in the family without any hassle or loss. Only since the weird mail delivery in Charlesland started this year did such a thing happen. Twice.

(Yes, the sorting office was alerted. No, there's nothing they can really do. Yes, I realise it could be happening at the other end, or at the sorting office, and is not necessarily the handiwork of the local delivery person.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Miss D

Write to customer services An Post O Connell Street - don't even bother with the sorting office - they don't care.......I made a huge fuss and even enclosed the "tampered-with" envelopes so they got the message....

• Registered Users Posts: 8 amaxwell

Earlier in the year, I too had a gift card arrive (minus a couple of hundred euro), sent by an elderly relative. Spoke to the postman at the time, who I got on with particularly well and he suggested I inform both the Gardai and the Post Mistress in Greystones Post Office, which I did. She (Post Mistress) filled in a report form and sent it into An PO HQ, but I’ve heard nothing since. I appreciate it was silly that the envelope contained cash but the sender knew no better and comes from an era where the post was deemed the safest form of delivery. From my own perspective, the money is not really a big problem for me but I just wanted to bring it to An Post's notice in the hope that it might not happen again (or to someone that really needed the money.

Advertisement