Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GameSenders Q and A

Options
  • 24-10-2007 11:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Hi Guys.
    I have seen over the last couple of weeks that there has been some interest in what we are trying to do here at GameSenders, So I would like to tell you all a little more about us and if you have any questions just stick them on this thread and I will answer them the best I can.
    If the moderator can sticky this I will keep all posts to this thread so as not to interfere with anyone.
    My name’s Neil and I’m the CEO, CFO, VP, Chairman, GM and general dog’s body. I’ve been playing games every since I can remember and they have always cost a fortune, I think now more than ever games are just to expensive.After looking at companies in the Uk offering the same service and wondering why there wasn’t one in Ireland, GameSenders was born.
    First off GameSenders is Ireland’s first dedicated online games rental site. Our mission is simple: to provide our members with the games they want to play, delivered to their door at a reasonable price.The idea is simple, sign up, choose a rental package that suits you , add some games to you queue, and we’ll give you a free 10 day trial to see if you like what we do (there are some promo codes floating around for 1 months rental). If you like the service, great, we’ll keep sending you games, if you don’t ?- well you got to play some games for free (we even pay for postage).

I’m gonna call this a Q and A thread
    So If you want to take a look around the site, tell me what you think and if there are any questions just let me know

www.gamesenders.ie

I realise that some people are gonna consider this thread to be spam and if this Is the case that’s fair enough, but I think that a service like this is needed in Ireland if for no other reason than to offer Irish gamers another choice on how they buy or rent games

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

Mrgsenders wrote: »
    Hi Guys.
    offer Irish gamers another choice on how they buy or rent games

Buy ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Mrgsenders

jonski wrote: »
    Buy ?

Yea, Im sure you have bought a game finished it in a week or 2 and either didn't play it again or traded it in for less that half of what you payed for it, there is always exceptions (pro evo COD etc) but taking the new medal of honor as an example this game can be finished pretty quickly even after you have gotten your gamerscore up, then the appeal is gone and depending where you shop this could of cost you up to 75 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Heh. Whether I'd sign up depends on the game collection, but I can't see the game collection unless I sign up.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

koneko wrote: »
    Heh. Whether I'd sign up depends on the game collection, but I can't see the game collection unless I sign up.

...and therein lies the rub

EDIT: But wait, he says you get 10 days free sooo... you could sign up and then check out their game range. Pity you don't do PC games, for obvious reason I guess ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Have to say just looked over it and it looks VERY good if it does what it says on the tin. Most games without multiplayer have very little replayability to me so usually just sit gathering dust once finished. I'll definitely be availing of this once I get a console. The gold plan looks excellent and is still nearly half what i'd be paying for 1 game a month, let alone having 2 games at once with unlimited rentals.

2 questions:

1. What is the late fees? If I don't send it back in time am I charged for another month

2. If I wanted to, could I buy the game?

EDIT:

3. Is there a contract or is used on a month to month basis (i.e if I don't rent any games in june will I still have to pay for that month?)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

L31mr0d wrote: »
    But wait, he says you get 10 days free sooo...

True, it just makes me worried the selection is not going to be very good, but no harm in trying I guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Mrgsenders

there is a preview sign up that allows you to see the full catalogue but I take your point that this is not ideal and we should look at changing the system to show the full catalogue.
    As for the catalogue it’s self we just launched in August so we have mainly focused on the games that have been released since then, if a member asks us for a game we don’t have we will order that game on for them, we are also now beginning to add some of the older catalogue to the site.
    As for the questions
    1) We have no late fees you can keep the game a long as you wish. Each game is sent to you in it’s own envelope that you then use to send back to us, the postage is paid both ways.
    2) We have just started the ground work for developing a shop to sell pre-played games but also new release games and pre-orders for upcoming games. Most highstreet stores have at least a 40% mark up on games, because we don’t have the overheads involved in running a shop we can sell games cheaper.I’m afraid it will be after xmas before this shop is functional.
    3) If say you where going on holidays or just wanted to enjoy what little of a summer we have, just send us an email and we can freeze your account until you are ready to start playing again

Advertisement