Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Getting my hair cut

• 24-10-2007 11:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭

ok, I posted here a while back about how dry and unmanageable my hair had become. It's driving me mad and looks terrible. plus it's a lot of work and I'm not a fan of getting up earlier to do my hair! I'm going to get it cut today and I was thinking of going for it and getting a lot cut off. It's currently down to just above my boobs (when I straighten it) and I was thinking of getting it bobbed or layered to about two inches below my chin. Am I mad to take such a big step? My other half says go for it but I'm a bit nervous. Does anyone have any advice or hairstyle suggestions? Should I just go for it?!!

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

If you get it cut to just below your chin it'll involve more work to keep it looking good - unless it's dead straight. If it's wavy or at all prone to frizziness, leave it almost to your shoulder and have it layered to thin it out.
    Also, it'll mean you still have the option to tie it up if you haven't the time to style it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭pheby

Id say go for it, Get the bob!! get it kind of longer at the front and shorter at the back, if that makes any sence to you, But I was like you same hair problem and length and then I took the plunge and got a serious cut!!

And I loved it!!! I also got a colour put in too!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 leeny2006

dizzyblonde is right, shorter hair needs just as much maintenance as long hair if not more! maybe if you keep the length in it but get it layered? that way its a different style but you can still tie it up. ask the hairdresser to put in a treatment to combat the dryness and ask them to recommend a good shampoo and conditioner

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

I don't mind if it's more work really. I strighten my hair anyway but I just hate the face that at the moment I spend a bit of time on my hair and it still comes out looking awful. At least if it was shorter and healthier it would look better when styled. As long as the new style is long enough to tie back if i don't want to style it. I've been looking around online and have foud a few styles. I think I'll go for it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Searlait

Yeah, go for the chop!!!

Over the last 5 years I've had short hair, I couldn't do it without a good straightner (GHD!!), but it takes nothing to style it, its currently in The Pob (the Posh do, the one before she made it shorter again), it takes me about 4 minutes to dry it and anywhere from 4 mins to how ever long I like to straighten it. Also, get some products like Bed Head's manipulator, a good hairspray and have some fun with it!!

I've gone from pixie short, to to my shoulders, I keep going from different lengths, what I love about short hair is you can keep changing the style, you can go back and ask for the same thing again, or you can get something different!

Its always healthy because its short, no split ends (unless you really go hard on it), it doesn't take too long to style it, you can just dry it and go (depending on your hair type), or give it a quick straighten, or take ages and get it all super perfect for a night out!!

Most important tip ever though about getting your hair cut short!!! It takes around 3 - 4 washes to calm down, it really effects the style and the length, the way you have to look at is when it was longer it was heavier, cutting it short springs it up, like elastic, it will calm down, but don't freak out if for the first few washes its kinda big!! It'll be fine soon!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Pigletlover

Go for it! My hair was a little longer than yours when I went and got it chopped up (a bit like Posh's hair now). I'd recommend keeping it long enough to be able to tie it up though. When I first got mine done it was too short to tie up so it meant I had to get up that bit earlier every morning to blow dry it and straighten it. And while it looked a lot healthier when I forst got it cut, straightening it every day dried it out and made the ends very brittle. I've let it grow a bit and now it's just about to my shoulder and a bit shorter at the back, I have some layers cut into it too so I can leave them smooth or flick them out if I want a change. My boyfriend loves my hair short, sometimes I miss having long hair but it will always grow again!

Advertisement