Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

k800i v k810i

• 24-10-2007 12:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,796 ✭✭✭

right, the k850i is over €550 - it'll take a while for the price to drop and it's not exactly getting rave reviews either, so I'm gonna go for either the k800i at €250 or the k810i at €299 (sim free prices, I'm with meteor).

Any advice or comments as to which I should go for?

If you choose other, please say which phone you'd choose over these 2.

ta much.

which phone 27 votes

K810i
    0% 0 votes
    K800i
    37% 10 votes
    Other
    62% 17 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

samsung u600 has good camera but heard the phone itself is very frail?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

I switched from a k800i to a k810i. As all the spec sheets suggest they are almost the same phone. I much prefer the k810i for a number of reasons though.
    - nicer keypad
    - more streamlined feel to it (the camera shutter doesn't open on it's own for example)
    - it's lighter and seems a bit slimmer

I felt it was worth the SIM free expansys.ie price for the k810i and would do it again. I'll let you choose if it's for you. :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

i'd pick a k800, but that's coz i loved the feel fo that keyboard better. beyond that i wouldnt mind. thought he lumpy camera cover can be annoying. adn the joystick sucks. but the keyboards beautiful

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Where can I get my hands on a K810i for a decent price? Prefer not to buy online from Expansys.ie (or similar). Everybody is bursting with K800is, but surprisingly the K810i is thin on the ground.

And yes, the K850i is far too expensive...

JDxtra wrote: »
    Where can I get my hands on a K810i for a decent price? Prefer not to buy online from Expansys.ie (or similar). Everybody is bursting with K800is, but surprisingly the K810i is thin on the ground.

And yes, the K850i is far too expensive...
    http://www.expansys.ie/p.aspx?i=145710

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭JDxtra

random wrote: »

Thanks, but I wanted to avoid Expansys! :)

I seen it in Carpphone Warehouse for €149 with €100 credit, but they don't have any left.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 MattE

get the k810i, they're pretty much the same phone but the k810i looks way better. k800i is a bit bricky! what network is doing this phone & anyone know where i can get one, looking for it on contract, preferably o2.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭JimiMac

Just wondering if anyone has any new info on where to get the k810i.
    Also came across the s500i while browsing. It looks quite nice but it's probably not out yet? Anyone?

JimiMac wrote: »
    Just wondering if anyone has any new info on where to get the k810i.
    Also came across the s500i while browsing. It looks quite nice but it's probably not out yet? Anyone?

Bought my k810i on www.expansys.ie

Fast delivery (order early Monday, got it lunchtime Tuesday) aswell!

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭joe_dunne

Hi all,

You could always do as I did and flash the K800i with the K810 firmware.

Joe

• Advertisement

I bought the k810i for the design and not the software. The software is very much like the k800i already.

lets face it, the k810i looks exactly 1 miiiiiiiiillion times better than the k800i. the software is pretty much the exact same, and the only reason the k800i is winning in the poll is that most people already have that phone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭yeah-boy

MattE wrote: »
    lets face it, the k810i looks exactly 1 miiiiiiiiillion times better than the k800i. the software is pretty much the exact same, and the only reason the k800i is winning in the poll is that most people already have that phone

imo ugly keypad on k810i

the keypad is the best thing about it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kwekubo

I'm tempted to get a K810i, but O2 are offering K800i upgrades online for €129 (less than half the Expansys price for a simfree K810i). Has anyone seen a better price for the K810i?

Advertisement