Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Dent / paint repair - my day not getting better!

Options
  • 24-10-2007 1:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭

Where is best place to get a REALLY good job done to remove slight dent over 2 wheel arches and paint repair. It's metallic paint...
    What would I expect to pay, around 250 per wing?

Someone tried to park next to me and scraped my panel. I checked the car next to me it wasn't the guy that's there now.... on top of that row with wife this morning... my day is not getting better....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭gyppo

Its very hard to tell - wrt panelbeating, you get what you pay for. My car is in today where someone parking next to me tore the paint off the back bumper and a tiny bit of the quarterpanel -
    450E - thats with no dent. This guy's rep is brilliant though.

The cost is dependant on a number of factors:
    Paint costs
    repair and preparation
    how much of the car has to be resprayed to match in with the rest of the car.

Tbh, to do a really good job bearing in mind that both arches are damaged will probably mean a respray on that side of the car (if the car has body mouldings that are halfway up the doors, you might get away with spraying the lower half).

Volvoboy will give you a better answer when he comes along.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭MercMad

I doubt €250/wing would cover it !

Paint alone would be in the €70-80 region.

I'd expect €350-400 to be honest !

Is there no way a Paintless Dent Remover guy could sort it ? Is the paint damaged ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Tea drinker

gyppo wrote: »
    Its very hard to tell - wrt panelbeating, you get what you pay for. My car is in today where someone parking next to me tore the paint off the back bumper and a tiny bit of the quarterpanel -
    450E - thats with no dent. This guy's rep is brilliant though.

Jayyyyyyysus! 450E :eek:
    Yeah, I would like an as new job done, otherwise I would leave as is. Sounds like it's really gonna cost me big time.
    Yeah, the paint is damaged.. got some white sh!t on the scrape. I don't think a dent remover guy is the job for this... not that it's huge, just a bit big to cover with touch-up

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭mickjohnlong

if its not too bad look up a.s.s. auto smart systems they have done some small repairs for me and have been good jobs and didnt break the bank they are one of the mobile crowds give them a shout and they will look at it and tell you if it can be done or not i will try dig the number up for you

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭gyppo

Jayyyyyyysus! 450E :eek:
    Yeah, I would like an as new job done, otherwise I would leave as is. Sounds like it's really gonna cost me big time.
    Yeah, the paint is damaged.. got some white sh!t on the scrape. I don't think a dent remover guy is the job for this... not that it's huge, just a bit big to cover with touch-up

Not trying to be nosy OP, but how old is your car, or how valuable is it? Sometimes you have to decide if its worth spending x amount of squids to repair - or live with it.

• Advertisement

Hey gyppo, it's a relevant question allright. It's 03 passat, so it's worth doing a good job on (to me).
    Kinda sorry I got rid of my old audi 80... didn't worry about scrapes on that!

BTW thanks for replies so far, but haven't got a garage name yet. Any suggestions for a good 'un?

Hey guys, I never did get the name of a paintshop...... any suggestions?

Ta

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭louie

www.mgautostyling.com they do a very good job. Dublin-South BTW.

Thanks louie, :)
    I am in Dublin South, might give them a shout.

Advertisement