Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Peugeot 106 GTI

Options
  • 24-10-2007 1:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭

I have a 97 106 GTI. I have the car just under a year. I have a problem with rust on the bonnet of the car above the lights and badge and is on the inside aswell as out. Would you recommand getting the bonnet replaced??

If so does the standard 106 bonnet fit the GTI??

Also does anyone know of a good scrap yard to get a bonnet??

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭Neilw

I've had a couple of 106gti's over the years, great little cars.

About the bonnet, I think the standard one is the same, give your local peugeot dealer a call and they will be able to confirm.
    You could try Traynors up the north, obe of the biggest breakers in Ireland.

Neil.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Phoole

99% sure the bonnets are the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Cadzer

Ya thet are a great little car, but a bit on the rattley side , Engine is fab and can move. but just a few little bits to get done, Tracking and balancing the wheels and a few little bits.

Thanks Neilw will do.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Aren't there issues WRT tracking and many tyre centres not able to mount the rims?

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Phoole

kbannon wrote: »
    Aren't there issues WRT tracking and many tyre centres not able to mount the rims?
    Every car I've ever had has had tracking issues. Since the standard alloys on the 106 are solid (no hole in the centre) some tyre centres dont have the equipment to balance them when fitting new tyres. But I've always gone to Blake's X Tyre Centre and have never had a problem.

• Advertisement
Advertisement