Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Halloween Party in Cork over the weekend

Options
  • 24-10-2007 1:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Anybody know if there are any Halloween Parties on in Cork on the Friday or Saturday. I can't go on Wednesday because I have work the next day. Freds and An Crusicin usually have good ones on the weekend but theirs is on a Wednesday this year because of the crap Jazz Festival.

I suppose it's probably the same everywhere else or does anyone know of any parties elsewhere?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Judes

Ah come on - it's unfair to call the Jazz Festival "crap" it's going to be a fantastic weekend and if you're looking for a buzz - then head up Mc Street during the weekend. THe main venues have top international performers - so a bit of respect. Halloween is Wednesday - so Halloween parties should be held Wednesday - after all you don't eat your Christmas Dinner on the weekend before, you eat it on the 25th no matter what day of the week it falls. (If it makes you feel better, wear fancy dress during the weekend, as everyone will be in festive mood). Go on - give it a chance.................

• Registered Users Posts: 16 thesraid

Well I reckon it's crap. Most of the people I know who live in Cork don't go out that weekend. Bad music, huge crowds etc. And in previous years the Halloween Celebrations (for adults anyway) were held on the weekend. Not on the day Halloween fell. The only reason it is different this year is because the jazz is in the way.

But this is getting off the point. Anyone know if there is anything planned around town for Halloween? Even if it is in conjunction with the Jazz.

/I just want to get dressed up.
    //I'm a big kid really

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 spacebarbiek8

thesraid wrote: »
    Anybody know if there are any Halloween Parties on in Cork on the Friday or Saturday. I can't go on Wednesday because I have work the next day. Freds and An Crusicin usually have good ones on the weekend but theirs is on a Wednesday this year because of the crap Jazz Festival.

I suppose it's probably the same everywhere else or does anyone know of any parties elsewhere?

I know that they're is a gig on saturday night in Fred's, my friends a promoter for Hellfire and she has a gig that night i'll get details and get back to you! =D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

I think you might be a little late...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭pa990

24-10-2007, 13:32

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭soundsham

lol.......

on the jazz though as its only 4 weeks away,what a crock of sh1te bar the top performers

how many of the crappy put-together-for-theweekend-bands would get a gig any other weekend:rolleyes:........none

seen don baker a few times though and must say he's great

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Bill-e

HAHA

Advertisement