Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Would a theft from your house/car get the same national publicity?

• 24-10-2007 2:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭

Obviously some friend of a jurno or guard...

http://www.independent.ie/breaking-news/national-news/gardai-investigate-theft-of-designer-clothing-in-dublin-1203323.html
    Gardai in Dublin are investigating the theft of a large quantity of designer clothing in the south of the city earlier this week.

The items were inside a Toyota Rav4 that was taken from outside a house in Foxrock two days ago.

Two people wearing hoodies jumped into the vehicle and sped away towards Leopardstown.

The jeep contained 57 pieces of clothing by designer Paul Costello, seven antique garments by Ib Jorgension and six by Richard Lewis.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I guess it depends on the value of the items. I have no idea who those designers are, but given that it's Foxrock, where the locals can break any law and get away with it, the clothes in question are probably worth a few hundred thousand euros in total.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Foxrock is now added to the list of worst areas in Dublin, they'd rob the clothes off your back :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

Wow, thats bullshít! In a national newspaper? My car was stolen recently, over a grands worth of pro audio equipment was taken. The gardai couldn't even decide between them who was investigating the case, not to mind launching an appeal in the national papers :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 106 ✭✭Poco Loco

Two people wearing hoodies jumped into the vehicle and sped away towards Leopardstown.

Sounds like the eejits left the car open and the keys in the ignition.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Seamus not as kultured as I thought!

The reason this has got more publicity than you or I would is cos the work of the designers is very famous and desired if you are in the know (ie the luvvies who run the media). The womans car got 5 mins on Kennys radio show for the same reason.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

Sounds like a stunt to promote the new Ross O'Carroll Kelly book.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,028 ✭✭✭Wossack

I thought this was a McCann thread

nvm

Most motor insurance policies don't cover vehicle contents. Even if the clothes were insured I doubt any policy would cover anything taken from an unlocked vehicle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

"Two people wearing hoodies jumped into the vehicle and sped away towards Leopardstown."

That really narrows it down, I just saw 2 guys wearing hoodies 30 minutes ago, then 29 minutes ago, then 28 minutes ago, then 27 minutes ago...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

So they jumped in and drove away?

That indicates that keys were in the car to me.

Stupid ****ing owner had it coming to them. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,306 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

[joke]No WAY! Me m8 and I are wearing hoodies. But this car he won is sh|t: it's some Toyota. N there's all these useless crap in the back. Any1 no a SVP shop near Tallaght?[/joke]

/edited to include textspeak and bad spelling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

In fairness, I'd say this was probably some sort of planned job.

There were probably three of them, saw the woman pick up the stuff from whatever expensive store she got them. Then followed her out to Foxrock, the two lads hopped out when she pulled into her driveway and when she left the car open they hopped in.

The second guy was probably there to deck/restrain the owner while his mate hotwired the car, if necessary.

And no, I wasn't there :D

Seriously though, when your car is full of expensive stuff you don't leave it open, even in your own driveway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭dame

Why was that amount of stuff in the back of the car anyway, (let alone it being open and with the keys in the ignition (by the sounds of it))? Does the owner live in the car? Were their Dunnes Stores undies robbed as well??? Maybe we didn't hear about them cos they're not designer! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Wossack wrote: »
    I thought this was a McCann thread

nvm
    Careful now.

Krazt 8s, be careful with what you write.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Ban hoodies. :rolleyes: It was already suggested by some tosspot government type in Eng-ger-land, ban them I say, it's teh hoodies I blame!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

Probably just be found burned out somewhere but true, this instance should not be receiving the special treatment it seems to be getting with that report. Anyone know who the car owner was?

Advertisement