Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Help: Renault Laguna 2 Mirror Controls

Options
  • 24-10-2007 2:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 46

Hi,
    I just bought an 01' Renault Laguna II and the only thing not working are the controls for the electric mirrors. I've dismantled them and they seem perfectly intact. I thought maybe a fuse has blown but I haven't been able to locate where they are actually powered from. A friend of mine has a laguna of the same model with working mirrors and we spent an afternoon popping out fuses to find when his mirrors died, but they never do!! I haven't been able to locate any info on them online at all. Does anyone here have any experience with them. Any help would be appreciated. thx

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Mr.Diagnostic

There are control units in the doors which get the signals from the switches and these control units switch the power for the mirror motors. As such there is no direct link from the switch to the motor.

It is possible that the switch signal may be a can signal rather that a voltage switch but I would need to check that as I dont often look at Renaults. If so, then there may not be any direct link from the switch to the door module either.

Aint diagnostics fun :)

I know this will not help much but the easiest way to diagnose this is to chech the switch status by communicating with the door modules.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭louie

did you try swapping the switch with your friend to see if is working on his car?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,392 ✭✭✭BrianD3

I know SFA about electrical stuff but I notice that the control knob lights up when you inset the keycard if yours doesn't light up that could indicate no power getting to it? Also does the problem affect both mirrors, do any of the movement functions (up/down, left/right, folding) work, does the demist function work

I have the Renault Dialogys manual but it doesn't go into much detail about diagnosing electric mirror problems it mainly gives pin assignements for the connectors and switch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 petermark

it may b a relay. dey r like fuses. you will find the reelay box in the engine bay....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

louie wrote: »
    did you try swapping the switch with your friend to see if is working on his car?
    I'd try this first - at the very least it will eliminate the switch as the culprit.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46 d_mc_a

Yea, Thanks for the help. I didn't think about checking the Relay box in the Engine compartment. I assumed that the car interior systems would've been on the fuse box. I'm going to try swapping out the mirror with my friend to see if that helps. I'll let ya know how it goes....

Advertisement