Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Switch enabled but no BB on my line

Options
  • 24-10-2007 2:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

Hi All,

I recently moved to a builders finish house in the country.

Had Eircom BB at my previous address so decided to get it at the new address.

The switch was recently enabled (3 months ago) and an engineer came out and installed my line for me.

I phoned Eircom to order BB and they say it isn't available on my line!

My neighbour further up the road had Eircom BB however they tell me i can't get it.

Worse, they say they don't know why i can't get it and to check back in three months if it is available.

This sounds like total nonsense to me.

Has anyone heard of this before?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

Yes

Moved into my new house which is about 75m away from my parents house. They have bb yet i could not get it. I was telling the woman on the phone but she could not help. A month past and i tryed again this time my line was suitable i was lucky.

Every month they do a line test. If your line is only new ( few weeks old ) it might be that no line test has been done since you had your phone installed. If its 3months old like you posted then i would think your out off range.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

ask them to schedule a line test.

they're probably working off an old database.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 CFM

Thanks folks, i'll ask them to schedule a new line test so.

Advertisement