Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tyres

Options
  • 24-10-2007 3:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭

Do we use summer, winter or all-weather tyres

Anyone have experience of Firenza tyres? €170 each- i need 4. I'd love kickass tyres but I have an awful habit of selling my cars suddenly and the last couple cars I've had ended getting sold with virtually new tyres:rolleyes: so I'm trying to avoid breaking the bank.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭gyppo

Summer tyres are the normal ones, afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Yep, winter tyres are more suited to countries with plenty of hard snow and ice.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭fletch

Never heard of Firenza tyres. I've got Goodyear Eagle F1's all round(about €125 each) and they are astonishingly good in both the wet and dry. Although my tyres are only 205/45/16 so I'm guessing yours might be a big bigger judging by the quote you got for those(budget?) tyres?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

Autocar had a great article on tyres this week any one see it ?

Just showed the difference they make - 6.7secs around a track on a Mondeo TD difference and more importantly the braking distances difference was frightening when you consider thet 2m is more than half a car length.

I think Goodyear Eagle F1 performed best - Pirelli's worst with Bridgestones and Conti's in the middle. Mich Pilots were good to but less consistent than f1's

PS have you tried online ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

235/40/18.

I'm really not looking forward to having to shell out again for full price for tyres I may not have in a few months.

I was thining about some part worn premium Dunlops from ebay but I wouldn't sleep until they arrived and assuming they were ok, there's the matter of explaining to my local tyre shop why they're fitting someone else's tyres- oh and be careful with my brand new BBSs while you're at it.

Apparently the firenzas are designed to have the emphasis on quietness and comfort and having done a few googlings, people seem happy with them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,055 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

get vredestein ultracs for around the same price, premium tyre,

the sessanta version of the ultra was second only to new asymmetric goodyear eagle in the recent autoexpress (or auto car not sure) tyre test

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

You don't by any chance need 225/50 16s, do you? If so, I may soon have a pair of newish P6000s.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

I might do- I'm taking 16's off the A6 and there's one duff tyre (bad tracking). I was planning a home refurb and sell them on and they'll be an easier sale with good shoes all round.

Advertisement