Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Asus P5N-E SLI

Options
  • 24-10-2007 3:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23

was wondering if anyone could tell me what there experience with this board are, was thinking of getting one

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Is this the P5N-32 SLI board? As in the one in my sig?
    Don't touch them with a barge pole. Overclocking is ****e, the memory compatibility is woeful for it as well as overclocking.
    Go instead for the EVGA 680i board (A revision).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭HungryJoey

No the P5N-e is a 650i chipset motherboard (retails for 110-120 euro) and apparently its a very very good board for the price. Keeps up with the 680i chipset equivelant in alot of things. Plenty of reviews out there if you go googling, most quite positive.

I have the same board, posted first time without any hassle with my quad-core (Q6600). But I'm still waiting on my graphics cards to come before I can really use the system to its max. But from what i've read its quite a good board.

Hj

That's ok..it's supposed to be good board..mate has one and he's happy with it for the money he spent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Only problem i have seen with 650i boards is that they are very poor overclockers for quad cores. But they are great for duo's

It's just the ASUS boards that are bad for the quads...my one can't go above 350fb while the EVGA rev A01 can go to 500fsb.
    Asus know there's a problem with this board and quads but can't be bothered to do anything about it.
    EVGA acknowledged the issue and everyone who bought the 680i A00 board got a A01 replacement. Now that's good support.

• Advertisement
Advertisement