Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Another Import VRT question

Options
  • 24-10-2007 3:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭

As I understand it, the VRT rules state you have 24 hours to register a car you have imported from abroad.

Now lets say you chance your arm and stick the car in the garage for a couple of months. Do the VRT people look for proof of the date you brought the car to Ireland (ie, a ferry ticket!) or do they just charge you from the date you call in to get the car registered.

Thanks...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BnA

I have registered a few cars in Limerick and Clare and I have never been asked for proof of the date I imported.

Be careful about where you park it though. I had 2 or 3 different UK regs outside my estate house for months and never heard a word. On the other had, my brother in law brought one down from the North on a Friday evening, parked it in his own driveway in a cul-de-sac, and on Monday morning at 10 am 4 (yes 4) customs officials called to the door to find out what the story with the car was.

Advertisement