Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Swimming Pools in North Co. Dublin

Options
  • 24-10-2007 3:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Can anyone update me on any swimming pools near where I now live in Donabate? I was a member of Jacky Skelly's in Swords but have left and am looking for a public swimming pool to maintain fitness.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Cormster

Portmarnock Leisure Centre has a swimming pool and gym facilities. Not sure if that is too far out of the way for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭meditraitor

You might be quicker going to drogheda with the motorway and all ;), there is recently opened public pool there.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054938537

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Rockee

This thread should be titled 'Swimming Pools in North Co. Dublin...or lack thereof!!' Being a Rush man the closest thing we had to a pool was the Argyle Lodge, who remembers that place??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭sgarvan

jaysus the argyle lodge. 10 foot swimming pool with the bowling alley beside it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭dubmick

I think I learned to swim in the argyle lodge

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 willhouse

Anyone know of good public pools near the city centre?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,907 ✭✭✭JDxtra

willhouse wrote: »
    Anyone know of good public pools near the city centre?

This thread is over 2 years old, it may have been better to start a new one.

Nevertheless, the Markievicz Swimming Pool is on Townsed Street (near Tara Street). Details here.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 willhouse

Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

Rockee wrote: »
    This thread should be titled 'Swimming Pools in North Co. Dublin...or lack thereof!!' Being a Rush man the closest thing we had to a pool was the Argyle Lodge, who remembers that place??

It was small but it done the job ok. It was good when you consider the Sauna, Jacuzzi and you could have a cup of coffee/tea and snack.
    Must be gone about 15years. All apartments now.

A site WAS offered in 1994 for a pool in Rush but alas Rush was moved to the side and we still wait for a pool now. If the pool had been given the green light for Rush it would be up and running as their was serious money pledged/guarenteed at the time.

Advertisement