Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exam Times

• 24-10-2007 3:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭

Not sure if this applies to all but if you go into your weekly timetable in sis and click on all the individual modules the exam times are showing up for me...

And woeful timetable. I have 4 exams and they're on 4 consecutive days - very bad considering i'm a final year.

EDIT: spoke to another class rep and they're definitely the provisional dates but it may give you a rough idea at least.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

hmm doesn't seem to be there for me. What course are you in?

Edit: actually it is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

cheers. works for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Stepherunie ya legend! :)

exams start on Friday 14th, gives me almost an extra week on top of the revision week to cram which is cool

but they finish on Tuesday 18th, which is a poxy, 5 final exams in 5 days including a Saturday night exam too :mad:

seeing my timetable is now giving me the FEAR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭valor

cheers. works for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Poor Student

Any idea when that started appearing?:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,461 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Well after seeing that, it kinda makes me realise what a kinda crappy day I've just had...lovely. Pretty much sums it up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

Had that too.

They're very much provisional though - the lecturers will no doubt be having a say on these so they may change.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭tywy

dya reckon they'd change it if we complained about having 2 on one day in final year. One 12-2 and then one 6-8

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

nice one stepherunie!

i'm in my final year and i have 4 exams at christmas on dec 10, 18, 19, 21

not TOO bad, but could be a bit better, hopefully they won't bunch up the last 3 like that..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

tywy wrote: »
    dya reckon they'd change it if we complained about having 2 on one day in final year. One 12-2 and then one 6-8

No, when I was in final year last year I had two days with two exams each.

• Advertisement

As far as I know they're allowing 2 in one day. The exams office have a number of regulations this year to try and avoid the fiasco of last year. These include:

No more than two exams per day.

If you have an exam at 6 - 8pm you will not have a 9am exam the next day.

Buses to and from exam centres.

Better food facilities.

I think there were more but that's all I can remember from Ronans report.

Doesnt seem to be up for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Well ****, I have an exam at the time my fiancée is flying out of the country.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭Breezer

Raphael wrote: »
    Well ****, I have an exam at the time my fiancée is flying out of the country.
    And my last one is 6-8. On the night of my 21st. Ah well, at least it's my rather dossy elective ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

final year arts...not up for me:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Tom65

I'm in 2nd Arts and they're not up for me (I don't think - are they on the same page as the lecture times, instructor names, course credit etc page?).

Tom65 wrote: »
    I'm in 2nd Arts and they're not up for me (I don't think - are they on the same page as the lecture times, instructor names, course credit etc page?).

im in 2nd arts ( hist + geog + russian) and theyre all up for me

im in 2nd arts ( hist + geog + russian) and theyre all up for me

Bugger. I go SIS Web->Weekly Timetable->Click on individual subjects (with course details). Is that right?

Falling that, when are the US foreign policy and Renaissance exams on?

Tom65 wrote: »
    Bugger. I go SIS Web->Weekly Timetable->Click on individual subjects (with course details). Is that right?

Falling that, when are the US foreign policy and Renaissance exams on?

Theyre gone! They were there last night. cant remember off hand. I think the US one is on is Smurfit School tho which is a pain. Theyre not on a weekend anyway. I think the US one is on the 20th. Could be wrong tho

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Wilde

Could people who are doing english and history in second year arts please post the time and dates for exams as it is not working for me :rolleyes: typical.
    Thanks in advance.

• Advertisement

They've disappeared for me too.

They must have been taken down in advance of the confirmed schedule being released next wednesday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

They've disappeared for me too.

They must have been taken down in advance of the confirmed schedule being released next wednesday.
    That or they totally f**ked it up and are going to have to change it again.

This is UCD*, so I wouldn't rule anything out...

*D

*D

Change it? I thought UCD was to **** it up, and then go with it anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,770 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

May as well post up the times that i got just for those who didn't get to see them last night and maybe are doing the same subjects, these are of course PROVISIONAL:

Cost Management 12th Dec 9-11
    Aspects of Financial Theory 13th Dec 6-8
    Econometrics 18th Dec 6-8
    Medical Law 20th Dec 9-11
    Banking Law 21st Dec 6-8

nice enough timetable, don't want that to be changed!!

Cheers for the headsup on this too.

*D

Well in defence of UCD, what was up was probably what went to the lecturers who had a say in whether or not they felt the time suited - and most lecturers would be on the side of the students for making it better etc.

Don't kill me - i'm trying to be objective!

Well in defence of UCD, what was up was probably what went to the lecturers who had a say in whether or not they felt the time suited - and most lecturers would be on the side of the students for making it better etc.

Yeah, our Politics class was told a couple of days ago that we'd have an exam on the 21st. The lecturer sent an objection to the board that decides these matter to try and change it (but said it was highly unlikely that it will be changed).

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭FledNanders

anyone know when 3rd year sociology/economics exams are on by any chance?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

/sharpens knives menacingly:eek:

Nah that does sound about right actually, fair point. However, because of the ever-increasing chances of timetable clashes (thank you Mr Modularisation), it is extremely unlikely, as I think one poster here pointed out, that the lecturers or indeed schools are able to change the exam times or dates once they've been decided on by the Exams Office. Yeah, the lecturers are on the side of the students, problem is they don't actually have that much power in deciding the exam timetables...

SNAFU

Advertisement