Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reverence - eSports team

Options
  • 24-10-2007 4:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭

For a long time now I've had ideas about eSports in Ireland. Seems I wasnt alone. Passing discussions have led to longer conversations on what the Irish scene needs etc.

Before long a few of us had ideas that alligned. We decided to try and do something about it and we are forming what we hope will be Irelands first Semi Professional eSports team.

Myself, Fairy, Legion and Karma will be leading and organising the team. We will be approaching players and asking them do they want to make a commitment to this new team. Its not going to be a for fun team. Its going to be 100% committment, hard work, and above all top class gaming against top class clans.

What we want from our players is a great knowledge of the game you are playing, a level head, skills, a team player, time committments. If you have all these, and you want a bit more from gaming then we would be delighted to hear from you. If any of you have any questions or reservations then please come and ask me, Fairy or Legion or Karma. We can all be found on IRC (quakenet #lanparty.ie)

More announcements will be posted in the relevant games forums once we finalise what games we will feature (so far we are commited to CS and ETQW)

Bio

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

CS sauce, or CS 1.6?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

CS:s

Sounds like a good idea rich. Would be fairly interested myself, but im not sure if i would have the time with work and all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭BioHazRd

We will probably play both - we have a strong cs1.6 team right now, and they are quite capable of playing source, but we may need to build up the squad more in order to cover both games more effectively

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Sounds good, best of luck lads!

By the way, I forgot to mention if you are in a clan and are strong in your game we may consider taking your team on as a whole if the game isnt already represented by us.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

good stuff!

kRoNic tends to win in 1v1 DM FPS games. might be worth talking to him about UT3 and see what he wants to do, he says hes gonna go full on at it and he has a ton of potential, very good attitude and very honest

• Registered Users Posts: 47 molc

Good luck with the venture lads. Do us proud!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Well as I told ye before, ye have my support. Although I can't join if ye need anything done behind the scenes let me know.:)

Good luck :cool:

Forgot to mention games :rolleyes:

FIFA is a definate game. I know MikeyT086 has his leaving cert this year but come late jUne of next year, I'd snap him as he's a top world class player for the Xbox 360 in it and I'd say with a bit of time he could be the same at it for the PC.

I reckon a CSS team would be great too. I know Anomaly are currently the top CSS team in Ireland so maybe they'd want to get involved.

Perhaps Tar might dust off his W3 and play a little too???? :confused:

As for the other console games....well with GoW/Halo3/DOA4 all being big games I think representation in those might be a good start on the console side of things. Maybe even PES although, not so sure about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

I'd definitely be interested in this, have been interested in getting involved in something similar for a while now but considering my current situation I dont think I have enough free time to properly get involved. In the next few weeks though, my circumstances should change and I'd love to commit to this.

Do ye have a CS server that ye play on regularly that I could join when I can? Also any website or contact details aside from the IRC room? ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭TheHairyFairy

Website and IRC room will be available shortly. CS and CSS Servers will be available as soon as possible. Well as soon as I get them installed and figged up :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

Where do I sign up ? ;)

Pyr0 wrote: »
    Where do I sign up ? ;)

If you are interested in applying, contact Me, Fairy, Karma or Legion. Somehow I think I know which one of those you will be talking to ;)

We are interested in people who can put the time and effort into this venture (We are actually putting our own money into this too) - and by time and effort I mean practice (regular), competitions (regular) bootcamps (not as regular). This is gonna take up an amount of your time, so be prepared. I know you have your leaving coming up in June and am conscious that is more important to you than any gaming, and thats the way it should be. You need to consider your application carefully, and discuss it with other people. We would be delighted to have someone of your skill on our team, but getting on the team will take hard work, even for you.

If after all of the above is taken into consideration, and you still wish to apply, let us know

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

Yeah thats cool, already talked it over and I can work the training around the school time no bother really ! Anyways, convo for another time !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

o>

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Fantastic stuff. Good luck, it's exactly what was needed.

I'm sure I speak for a lot of people, but if there's anything us useless people ( mainly me) can do to help out, shout.

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Good luck with this venture. Would be really nice to see some Pro Irish players emerge on the gaming scene.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Azza wrote: »
    Good luck with this venture. Would be really nice to see some Pro Irish players emerge on the gaming scene.

One has already posted on this thread ;)

Good luck Reverence!

Thanks everyone for the votes of confidence on this. Its going to be hard work for both the players and the organisers, but I'm sure with lots of hard work it will pay off.

Our temporary forums are now up on http://team-reverence.org/forum/index.php.

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Menengroth™

sounds promising!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Wavey

Sounds like the making of an elite irish team.

Wouldn't have nearly enough time or skills for this.

Best of luck lads, will follow the progress if this venture closely.

Wavey.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Fair played lads. Hope ye can get things up and running.

We are well on the way with this so far. we've just placed the order for the website, so that should be about a couple of weeks to sort. The ETQW team is starting to gel and we hope to have the relevant CS servers online asap aswell.

You can pop over to http://team-reverence.org/forum to keep up with any updates

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

fair play lads.hope to see a COD4 team soon :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭FunkyChicken

Make us proud son.

Never forget who you are.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

I can't help but be struck by the enormity of the task you've got... but good luck with it all the same.

Yeah the task is enormous, thats a given. Hard work by the players involved and hard work by the organisers should pay off. Also Awhir we hope to have a COD4 team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

when the cs:sauce server goes up pop up the IP here, ive been getting back into it lately, wouldnt mind a decent game or two

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Yeah the task is enormous, thats a given. Hard work by the players involved and hard work by the organisers should pay off. Also Awhir we hope to have a COD4 team.

On what platform?

• Advertisement

I would say PC tbh, COD2 was massive for PC and was picked in a lot of major tournaments.

Advertisement