Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reverence - eSports team

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭TheHairyFairy

I was thinking PC, however we would welcome console gamers if you have the skills etc. Nothing stopping us having a few console teams and individuals under our umbrella.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

any warcraft III team in the works? if there is let me know, as far as i recall the only irish "scene" was me and Tar...and as far as i know he has quit.

I play regularly with 4k.demuslim, 4k fury etc and have bags of experience, if anything is shaping up let me know.

What type of level will you guys be looking into competing in?

usually follow the irish through events while im on working with 4kings, no offence i know its relitivly new to ireland but we are not very competitive on the big scene, one irish player in CGS in project gotham racing 3 : /

id advise you work from the very bottom tbh.

for wc3 myself i have played 70% of people that have attended this years wcg, beaten the players from the low countries, and helps that i practice with some of the best players in the world, so give us a call if anything is happening.

Also would have no problem giving you guys some publicity through four-kins.com when you guys get going. I'm all for supporting irish gaming and i have a platform to do so with 4k and the connections i have through sk-gaming.

Done some interview work with biohazard that was well received by the european public so expect to hear from me when you get up and running.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Best of luck lads! Hope the venture goes well - want to have some Irish players to cheer on...

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Yeah the task is enormous, thats a given. Hard work by the players involved and hard work by the organisers should pay off. Also Awhir we hope to have a COD4 team.

Id think that would be a good idea as it would allow for a team to be created on par with any team accross the globe as the game is only going to be new.
    And the quicker its started and the quicker the work is put in then the quicker they will start winning.

I hope to get into COD4, and if the MP is any use id be interested

SeanTheMan, cool, thanks for showing an interest. At the moment we dont have any players for COD4, so we are interested in building from the ground up, or adopting a ready made team. Reg on our forums etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

Cheers with the support Doc, greatly appreciated !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

SeanTheMan, cool, thanks for showing an interest. At the moment we dont have any players for COD4, so we are interested in building from the ground up, or adopting a ready made team. Reg on our forums etc.

cod4 is so new i would advice waitng at least 3months+ for a team.

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Menengroth™

awhir wrote: »
    cod4 is so new i would advice waitng at least 3months+ for a team.
    there should be a few teams who'll make the transfer from cod2!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

UT3 \o/
    kRoNic is already playing tho so we have found our winner for at least the next 2 years worth of LANs.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Good stuff lads,ive often thought about something like this but unlike you guys i sat on my ass thinking and not doing.
    Big congrats on getting things moving and im sure more congrats down the road,Heartiest good luck with it lads.

• Advertisement

Thanks Cully. It will be hard work. We have an ETQW team in place, they are scrimming away every night and getting some decent results. Next we are going to focus on a COD4 team so if anyone reading this plays COD4 to a high level and are interested in being involved then please let us know.

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭Lister1

Aye, good luck with this lads. I'm sure myself, Cully and the other GFF lads can act as cannon fodder if you want to get some practice in on COD4.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Oisinjm

I was thinking PC, however we would welcome console gamers if you have the skills etc. Nothing stopping us having a few console teams and individuals under our umbrella.

Cod4 seems to be very popular already with TLR, Reason, Dignitas and more picking up teams. On PC that is

Yeah it is. What I like about it is the way it comes across when its shoutcasted, almost cinematic. Theres some coverage of TLR vs Dignitas on the quadv site.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Hey guys,
    How's the progress going with this? Really hoping for it to work out as I'm very interested in the Pro scene (see sig ;) ) and was also thinking about doing something like this myself!!!

Best of luck with it - really looking forward to seeing what your plans are and the progress made!

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭KoKane

Erm.

http://irish-esports.com/

Play any and every game, with the bulk of members moving from new title to new title.
    Open recruitment (16+)
    Ever thought about starting a clan in your favourite game? Well if IE dont play that game currently, you could join and lead the division of IE in that game with full support from the clan.

I'm not the leader of the clan fyi.

Not entirely what you guys are working on but similar I guess.

Advertisement