Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

1 Person 2 Profiles!

• 24-10-2007 4:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 168 ✭✭

Alright everyone;

When i started playing my xbox 360 games i set up a profile on the HD called let say 'profile 1'.
    Ive played many games and build up a few achievments along the way.
    So the other night i decided to check out Live to see what all the fuss was about, but i had to create a new profile 'profile 2'.

Now i play my games on profile 1 and they are saved under this title.
    And when i log onto Live im using profile 2 without the benefits of my gaming on profile 1.

Is it possible to some how combine my profile achivements?
    Or will i have to start all new games with profile 2?
    Or can i re-name my profile 1?

Or should i just buy a football and go out and get some fresh air!! ;)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,916 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

You can't move achievements to other profiles. you can rename profiles but it costs 800 microsoft points, which is around €12. hope that helps

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,810 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It's a pain in the arse. Lost a lot of save games and achievements because I had to set up a different name for my live account.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 168 ✭✭the_god_swan

Cheers lads, they aint getting 12 euro from me for this inconvienance.
    Looks like ill just have to start new games from now on with my profile 2.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,810 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I was just lucky that I wasn't 40 hours into something like Eternal Sonata or Blue Dragon, would have been fuming then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭hanton12

havent read thru the full amount of this, but its about merging 2 profiles, might be of some help.

http://www.xbox.com/en-AU/support/xbox360/live/account/mergeoflineprofile.htm

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

ShaneU wrote: »
    You can't move achievements to other profiles. you can rename profiles but it costs 800 microsoft points, which is around €12. hope that helps
    Renaming your profile won't solve this problem, that is just for when you want to change your gamertag from "HaLo3_sux" to "xXx_I_is_A_GaMeR_gOd_xXx" or something. ;)

See the link above to xbox.com and that should solve your problems with merging the accounts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,916 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

I never said renaming his profile would merge the other account.

Advertisement