Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where do I find free VST online?

Options
  • 24-10-2007 4:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭

Is there a good online resource for Virtual Instruments? Primarily use Cubase and I'm looking for more!

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,093 ✭✭✭TelePaul

Why, KVR Audio my man!

www.kvraudio.com

And get the entire classic series effects from these guys:

www.kjaerhusaudio.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭Bren_M.Records

Yeppers, kvraudio is pretty much a one stop shop for vst.
    Lots of forums there so if nothing else you will be able to get your hands on lots of info.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭condra

I reccommend Greenoak Crystal, Synth1, and Supatrigga, for starters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭squibs

They have a great newbie forum and it's well worth trawling the "what is the best free xxx" threads. You might also look at really cheap synths like wusikstation which covers many types of synthesis and comes with a huge sample library so it can also be used as a rompler. I do write for the wusik magazine, but it is genuinely a great synth - and there are others for the price of an xbox game that will take you a step up from the freebies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭Bren_M.Records

Agree with Squibs, there are tonnes of good synths out there that wont cost ye an arm and a leg.
    Id be of the opinion trawl the forums on KVR and look through the archive on sound on sound magazine online for reviews of vst synths.
    Choose a couple of freebies, maybe one or two low/mid range costing vst and one of the "monsters" and just learn to use them really well.
    Anyway best of luck with it, enjoy. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Download synth1, best free vst out there.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭markw999

Thank you all very much!

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭padraig71

Some to google for (dunno if these are all available for PC, but most probably are):

Green Oak Crystal
    Plugsound Free
    Sampletank Free
    Sonicsynth Free
    4front bass
    4front electric piano
    da Hornet
    Buzzer
    Automat

Advertisement