Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Targa DVD HD Action Fail - Help!

• 24-10-2007 4:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭

I bought a Targa DVD Hardrive in Lidl about a year and a half ago. One of the best bits of tech I've bought and everything was running smoothly until now when i got a message up on screen to say "Action Failure - Code 0x810D0004" Looks like the harddrive may have been wiped (and I stupidly hadn't everything back up). Any ideas how to solve it or has it just become a useless bit of kit which should be chucked out the nearest window?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,245 ✭✭✭MrVestek

cayenne wrote: »
    I bought a Targa DVD Hardrive in Lidl about a year and a half ago. One of the best bits of tech I've bought and everything was running smoothly until now when i got a message up on screen to say "Action Failure - Code 0x810D0004" Looks like the harddrive may have been wiped (and I stupidly hadn't everything back up). Any ideas how to solve it or has it just become a useless bit of kit which should be chucked out the nearest window?

Looks like the firmware has become corrupted somehow. See if there are any updated versions of the firmware on their site, burn it onto a CD then put it into the player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭chasm

Would that not be covered by Targa 3 year guarantee?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,245 ✭✭✭MrVestek

chasm wrote: »
    Would that not be covered by Targa 3 year guarantee?

Would say so! Call them...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭chasm

I had a problem with my dvd/video recorder last month and i contacted Targa and i must say that i found them extremely helpful and friendly.The lady ran through everything on the phone with me and then within minutes they send you an email stating same(handy if like me you suffer from info overload!). I had to send my unit by recorded delivery to an address in kerry, whom i assume sent it on to germany(not sure if thats the case or not though). You then email or fax targa a copy of the receipt of postage and your iban/bic codes and they reimburse your postage costs within a couple of days. I received my unit back after about 3 weeks.
    Considering id usually be the first to complain about bad customer service etc i must say i was very impressed with Targa.
    If i were you i would give them a call. Their Number is 01 2421582 for ireland.

Advertisement