Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Oddest/funniestmost bizarre posts across boards....whats yours

• 24-10-2007 5:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭

That Finglas shooting thread combined with the ribbing your man from the Paranormal forum got about talking to the dead had me thinking. Whats the funniest/oddest etc posts you have come across on different forums here, that you couldnt really rip the piss out of as it probably would have you banned from that particular board? Ive heard the Paranormal and Conspiracy Theory forums are the general centre of, eh, left of field, if that has a centre, that a large amount of its users are camped in the basement with a shotgun while wearing tinfoil on their head. Any classic threads or posts to link? :)

As for mine

Soccer- Some of the Man U fans seem even more dillusional and irrational than theyre counterparts i know in real life, and god that takes some beating.

Christianity- someone once claimed their wife had audible spoken conversations with God :confused:

Personal Issues- where to begin?

As for the most downright bizarre

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055166626

"I know people who had taken the placenta and put it in a little box and planted it under the tree while saying a few words and the mother read a little poem"

"placenta we don't have but maybe we might hang the (umbilical) cord from the tree."

Burying placenta* and hanging umbilical cords from trees? Frankly if i was a doctor and parents asked me could they take this stuff home Id call the social services :confused:

*:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Placenta in case you are wondering exactly what this poetry inspiring matter looks like :eek:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,021 ✭✭✭LadyE

Tha Gopher wrote: »
    That Finglas shooting thread combined with the ribbing your man from the Paranormal forum got about talking to the dead had me thinking. Whats the funniest/oddest etc posts you have come across on different forums here, that you couldnt really rip the piss out of as it probably would have you banned from that particular board? Ive heard the Paranormal and Conspiracy Theory forums are the general centre of, eh, left of field, if that has a centre, that a large amount of its users are camped in the basement with a shotgun while wearing tinfoil on their head. Any classic threads or posts to link? :)

As for mine

Soccer- Some of the Man U fans seem even more dillusional and irrational than theyre counterparts i know in real life, and god that takes some beating.

Christianity- someone once claimed their wife had audible spoken conversations with God :confused:

Personal Issues- where to begin?

As for the most downright bizarre

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055166626

"I know people who had taken the placenta and put it in a little box and planted it under the tree while saying a few words and the mother read a little poem"

"placenta we don't have but maybe we might hang the (umbilical) cord from the tree."

Burying placenta* and hanging umbilical cords from trees? Frankly if i was a doctor and parents asked me could they take this stuff home Id call the social services :confused:

*:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Placenta in case you are wondering exactly what this poetry inspiring matter looks like :eek:

Great thread.

The placenta and hanging cord had me :confused::confused:too. I found it very strange.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Pighead v Peter Collins. Never got tired of those spats...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Tha Gopher

Indeed LadyE. I found the mental image of a group of people in a back garden burying a bloodied piece of human originated matter while reciting poems and throwing an umbilical cord on a branch to be insane. However, it didnt see the time or the place to point it out :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Sounds like a waste of a good placenta.

Cooking and eating it is a far better option.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Tha Gopher

I recall a programme about that actually.

Its probably the same hipster earth mother crowd who see nothing wrong with still breastfeeding their 9 year olds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

I remember getting a fair kick out of this thread.
    Has anyone here heard about unicorns supposedly returning to earth now? What does everyone make of this?
    I haven't. Sounds good though.

Link? please.

Et cetera...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

A lot of the stuff in here is very strange to me. Mind you I probably won't be saying that when they are all proven right and the lizard people come to get me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Schlemm

I remember some thread about peeing in the shower, and I think someone came on and described how they take a dump in the shower and push it down the plughole with their toes...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Sounds like a waste of a good placenta.

Cooking and eating it is a far better option.
    Omelette plz.

I get a kick out of most threads on AH one way or another.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

The David Icke thread was a bit of craic.

• Advertisement

What about that thread about the sphinx cats?

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭daniel3982

Do not venture into the personal forum, you'll leave hours later confused about whats reality and what isnt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,706 ✭✭✭Voodu Child

That pyjama guy was pretty bizarre. Someone googled his username and found a bunch of posts going back years, on all kinds of different forums, even youtube comments. All about how much he loved his pyjamas....:confused:

Oh god yes! How could I forget him? His threads had me laughing myself into a helpless mess! Definitely the funniest AND most bizarre stuff on Boards.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/search.php?searchid=74687
    Edit: I just googled him (bluestripe11). Holy sh*t, there's some crazy stuff there - and I mean CRAZY!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

Dudess wrote: »
    Oh god yes! How could I forget him? His threads had me laughing myself into a helpless mess! Definitely the funniest AND most bizarre stuff on Boards.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/search.php?searchid=74687

That link doesn't work :(

Hmmm. I just tried it and it worked for me. bluestripe11 is his username if you want to do a search for that.

I don't think you can link to search results like that.

There have been a few posters over the years who appear to be singularly obscessed with just one particular topic or item or animal....

People like this are clearly sick in the head and should be kept off the streets for the good of society.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

The placenta thing made me lol

I liked Mr Dictionary's posts a lot. Parrot was very good too - especially the conversations he had with some guy I don't recall in the prison.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

There was a guy who kept posting about kicking people in the face once I think, he was called something like "FaceKicker". He was a good laugh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Hmmm ... an ongoing odd / surreal / funny one here

Very funny thread, imo!

Priceless response from the "Strangest place you fapped" thread in AH, still makes me grin.

OK, my sense of humour can be somewhat adolescent at times ... live with it! >_>

• Advertisement

Schlemm wrote: »
    I remember some thread about peeing in the shower, and I think someone came on and described how they take a dump in the shower and push it down the plughole with their toes...
    :eek::eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

^Remember that one as well. :/ An oldie but Pighead picks an Internet girlfriend, timeless classic. :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

Ah, you beat me to it AC.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭yom 1

One of the funniest threads I can remember was one where someone said that they were at a party and played hide the log or something like that. Basically whilst at the house party you take a dump in some random spot and see how long the owner takes to find it. It turned out quite a few boardsies had played the game including one taking a dump in a video recorder and another one in tub of butter which they put back in the fridge:eek::D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

You can do that with a fish too, it won't smell straight away so it'll take them a few days to find it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Sofaspud

Priceless response from the "Strangest place you fapped" thread in AH, still makes me grin.

Why did I read that as "strangest face you've slapped"?

Now THERE's an idea for an AH thread!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

How did I forget this gem?

• Advertisement

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,372 Mod ✭✭✭✭andrew

estebancambias has a bit of an obsession with Tim McVeigh, as it happens hes got a thread in conspiracy theories about him right now!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055157603

he still banned from AH or what? I miss his crazy threads and the subsequent beat downs he got

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Schlemm wrote: »

The word used was 'mash'. So disturbing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

heh, I think we have a winner in the bizarre category.

Blowfish wrote: »
    heh, I think we have a winner in the bizarre category.
    Lol ... except it will be nuked as soon as someone with click-ability comes online!

Lol ... except it will be nuked as soon as someone with click-ability comes online!
    yeah, I'm hoping that they just ban the OP and lock it, but leave the thread there for it's sheer entertainment value.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭Irish Wolf

:) that thread is full of win(d)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,122 ✭✭✭LadyJ

It may be my own but there's some funny sh!t in here!

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=250007

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 400 ✭✭ruskin

Anything that has anything to do with lizard overlords secretly controlling the world - or basically anything from the nutjobs in the conspiracy forums. Cuckoo!

HavoK wrote: »
    The word used was 'mash'. So disturbing.
    And it's not as if it would just squish down as one compact lump - imagine all the little bits breaking off... :(

Dudess! :(

Shurrup ... pleez?!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

That thread where a poster claimed that he would gladly leave his kids in the care of a paedo. If anyone can find a link...

obl wrote: »
    That thread where a poster claimed that he would gladly leave his kids in the care of a paedo. If anyone can find a link...

I think it got moved to humanities. That should narrow the search down a bit.

obl wrote: »
    Was it in this thread somewhere? I remember that one because one person in it admitted they are a pedophile :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,503 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

Blowfish wrote: »
    Was it in this thread somewhere? I remember that one because one person in it admitted they are a pedophile :(

And got banned right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

Dudess wrote: »

Just read that, so so so funny.
    Probably the funniest original post I have ever read...the poster sounds like a 5-year old doe-eyed girl!
    Even the term 'pet bee' is ridiculously cute
    3) He mightn't like being in a jar all the time
    In tears laughing at that :D

Advertisement