Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Review: Continental Airlines

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

I flew with them from Dublin to Newark about a month ago and the flight was great, food was great and service was great. Flew LAX to Dublin with a stopover in Newark. The legroom was fine (I'm 6" btw). The stewardesses were very attentive and friendly. Would definitely not hesitate to use them again, especially as everytime I go to the states, they seem to work out a lot cheaper than any other airline.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

lizt wrote: »
    I flew with them from Dublin to Newark about a month ago and the flight was great, food was great and service was great. Flew LAX to Dublin with a stopover in Newark. The legroom was fine (I'm 6" btw). The stewardesses were very attentive and friendly. Would definitely not hesitate to use them again, especially as everytime I go to the states, they seem to work out a lot cheaper than any other airline.

+1, flew with them last month. Leg room good, seats comfy, food pretty good (for airline food). Seat back TV's with video on demand, choice of films pretty good and a nice mix of old and new stuff. Staff aren't overly friendly, but frankly I don't care about that once they are serving me food!

Flights both way were ahead of schedule and no problems with luggage reclaim. This was my second time flying transatlantic with them and both times they have been great. They also seem to be very competitivly priced, so they would be my first choice for trans atlantic.

Don't worry too much about the negative comments, there will always be people who have had a bad experience with an airline. For every one complaint, there will be 100 happy customers that you don't hear from!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

We flew with Continental for the first time last Jan to EWR. It was a great flight. We were able to book the extra legroom seats over and back, our seats had a plug so we brought the laptop, great AVOD, edible food and nice staff. They were also by far the cheapest. Would definitely be my first choice if going to NYC again.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 tobias12

What type of food was served on the flight?? Is there free drink available??

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

tobias12 wrote: »
    What type of food was served on the flight?? Is there free drink available??

Yes, all non alcoholic drinks are free, alcohol can only be purchased with a credit card. On my flight I had a beef lasagna and a turkey and cheese roll. On the way back I had ravioli with sauce and then a croissant for a snack. I think chicken was the other choice for the main meal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

i flew with them recently shannon to newark, the cabins are small, not much bigger than ryanair in truth, not much legroom or indeed area to walk around, compared to say uniteds transatlantic planes.

entertainment options however were the best i have seen on an airline, you have your own tv screen and 40-50 movies to choose from

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

Getting the video on demand in economy, it'd be nice in 1st class if there was a pole and hot chicks would dance around it, giving free lapdances too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 29 herny

anyone flown though newark with continental since cusotms and border control opened up in T2..any impact on service???

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Sweenball

Has anyone flown with continental from Dublin to Newark recently?

Just wondering if the aircraft are 3-4-3 seating formation or just 3-3 & do you have your own screen in front of you?

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

3 - 3 (It's only a 757) and they all have individual, on demand entertainment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 Sweenball

Cheers!

Advertisement