Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

scratched bumper

Options
  • 24-10-2007 5:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭

hi ,

I caelessly scratched the bumper of my car when i was pulling into my drive way the other day. its a colour coded bumper and ive sratched through the paint...
    was just wondering if anyone knew of any products out there that i could use to remove the scratches or even to make it looka little better?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Really depends on how bad the scratches are. A few pics would be handy. If they are only light grazes then maybe something like T-Cut might do the trick. If the scratches are deep then the bumper most likely need to be filled, sanded, primed and resprayed.

It really is a tough one to call as a bad DIY job might actually make it look worse rather than better. If it bothers you that much it might be worth getting a quote from a body shop or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

bazz26 wrote: »
    a bad DIY job might actually make it look worse

QFT.

Often, even a good touch up job will make it look worse. Repairing these things is usually all or nothing. If the car is new enough, I'd probably bite the bullet.

Again, pics will help

Advertisement